PDA

View Full Version : i lost my cheeky....

cyclone_cheeky
06-11-2008, 02:41 AM
This arfternoon when we got home our birds had somehow gotten out of their cage. our neighbour was trying to catch one of my lovies (champ) and when we caught him we found that my other lovie cheeky had gone!:( we are strongly thinking about getting another fischer lovie that we have been looking at for sometime. How will champ react after being with cheeky for 6 months? they will be in seperate cages is that enough for champ to feel as tho he has a friend if i let them out together daily? until we get our new baby (only a couple of days) will champ be alrite and what are some warning signs we should look out for? any advice would be greately appreciated.
I miss my cheeky!! :very_sad:

linda040899
06-11-2008, 03:33 AM
My guess is that if you put a cage outside with food/water in it, you may find that Cheeky might come back. I would not give up on him quite that easily. Talk to your neighbors, put up posters. Let everyone in your area know that he's missing and you want him back if he's found. He's outside by himself in totally unfamiliar territory and he has no idea what's edible and what isn't. Chances are he will come for food if he sees the cage that you left in plain sight outside.

While some birds can fly distances, many lovebird owners report that their birds stayed locally and some get their birds back. You can also go to this website, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/911ParrotAlert (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/911ParrotAlert/) , and they will post a "lost" ad for you. The more people who know, the better your chances are for recovery.

cyclone_cheeky
06-11-2008, 03:40 AM
thanx heaps i just thought of that bout 5 mins ago. how is their sight in the dark? it is night time over here in ozso i dont know how hed go finding his way back till morning. also i am so worried because there is alot of butcher bird around as well as a pair of halks about 2kms away...i really hope he comes back. thanks linda

linda040899
06-11-2008, 07:44 AM
At night, he will find a place to sleep rather than move around. His eyes are not meant give good sight in darkness so he will stay where ever he's at until morning.

Good luck and I really hope he comes back or you find him. I would go out into the yard and look in bushes, as well as up in trees. He will look for a place he considers to be safe.

Gill
06-11-2008, 05:18 PM
How very sad for you, i worry so much that this may happen to me also :( I really really hope you get him back, its so sad that they dont understand being at home in a cage is better for them (even though they like to be out of it) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, definately tell as many neighbours as you can. Good luck :(

michael
06-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Added prayers Cheeky manages to find his way back home. Like Linda, I know there's always a chance he may hear or see something familiar and return on his own. A bell perhaps, or a familiar voice, lovebird chirp, anything that just might get his attention. I wish you all the luck.................:(

matrona
06-11-2008, 06:38 PM
I hope you get him back!!!! :) All the best to you and your luvies!!!

spiritwolf46
06-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh....I am so very sorry to hear this. :cry: I will sure say a prayer for you and cheeky. I hope cheeky returns home real soon.