PDA

View Full Version : Play group for parrots

Buy A Paper Doll
07-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Hope it's OK to post this - it's an article from today's paper. Someone in Orlando has organized a club for parrot owners. They meet once a month to let their parrots socialize with each other and to share tips on behavior and care.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-ororparrotclub24072405jul24,0,573938.story

Elle
07-24-2005, 10:29 PM
I think it's a great idea. My only concern would be what about quarantine? I'd be so worried about my baby catching something from other birds

Janie
07-25-2005, 10:10 AM
That is amazing! It does sound like loads of fun but I would also worry about my boy catching something.

bellarains
07-25-2005, 10:18 AM
There was an article on this in the last issue of Birdtalk. It did state that they require a wellbird check certificate from a certifed vet for anyone to bring their birds in, but like everyone else, I guess I'm a bit over protective and would be apprehensive about taking my birds to play with strangers birds. Aside from the disease I would be afraid that one of those big bad birds would hurt one of my babies :(

BarbieH
07-25-2005, 11:16 AM
I'm afraid one of my babies would try to hurt one of the other birds. :omg: Some of the bigger parrots might get along okay, but I wouldn't put a territorial species like a lovebird in that kind of setting.

LoveBird
07-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Jennifer,
Thanks for the artical. Thats very neat. I am with those others I would not want my bird to get sick. If you would like to go you would have to go there and come to your vet to check for anything bad.
Taylor