PDA

View Full Version : Trilling

mangotiki
07-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Little Angel is so cute...whenever we are holding her and talking to her she trills...that is the best work i can use for it...almost sounds like a cricket...is this just a baby thing? None of my other babies have done this...and she likes to head butt my daughters nose. So McKenzie says "beep!!" everytime Angel butts her nose with her beak, hoping to teach her to do it on command!!!

Traci

zlatushka
07-25-2005, 05:18 AM
tooo funny... that would be a great bird trick (beep!) :rofl:

I've never heard trilling from Friday (that I know of....) I'm curious to see what others have to say as well.

rachel

Sparkette65
07-25-2005, 08:07 AM
I have three of them that do it...two are lutinos and one is my creamino baby....all three are females by the way.
I have yet to hear ANY of my males do it. But I love the sound of it....although sometimes it is kind of LOUD
My kids hate all the noise...I tell them if they dont like it ....to MOVE OUT!! :rofl:
take care,
Lori

Elle
07-25-2005, 12:28 PM
I don't know if it's the same as what Blu does but I think Blu either has canary blood in him or he was too close to the canary cages at the pet store. I don't know how else to describe it. My husband was watching a show with canaries in it and couldn't tell the difference between Blu and the canaries on tv. It's a really high pitch trill (now that i looked up in my french/ english dictionay what it really means) that last for at least 30 seconds. His beak is usually up eyes closed and wings just a little open.

mangotiki
07-25-2005, 11:48 PM
I almost ownder if she is trying to imitate the budgie chatter...but she seems like she is talking to us when she does it. so cute. I hope it doesnt stop when she gets older. funny that is is your lutino and creamino females...Angel is a creamino female too!!!
t

Sparkette65
07-25-2005, 11:54 PM
that is kind of funny! I have 10 lovebirds, and those are the only 3 that do it.
:rofl:
take care,
Lori

Buy A Paper Doll
07-26-2005, 07:14 PM
I think this is the same wierd noise that Melody makes. She usually does it when she's burrowing somewhere (Like my shirt, now. Good grief those talons are sharp.) It's almost a cricket chirpy noise. My female does it (just under 8 months) but my male (almost 1 year) has never made that noise to my knowledge.

kiwilovies
07-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Ill have to keep an ear out now... They make so many different noises! :lol
Traci.. Ill have to give you a call and you can mimic the sound for me! Heck.. If we can confirm that only the hens make this noise... We could make millions! :rofl:

bellarains
07-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Well,

You can add one more hen to that list. Lacey makes the trilling noise too. It is one of our favorites in this house, even my hubby perks up and says, "There goes Lacey" :)

BarbieH
07-28-2005, 09:00 AM
I think all of our birds have done it at different times. Sometimes one bird trilling will get several of them going. :omg: Our standard response is, "Oh how pretty!!" :):)

Joanie Noel
07-29-2005, 07:43 AM
Hmmm... Can't say I agree. I've never heard any of my birds do it. Two males, two females -- nada, nothing, zilch. :p If anyone wants to send over one of their birds to teach mine, you'd be more than welcome! My lovies just keep immitating each other. And it's not pleasant sounding. :rolleyes:

- Joanie

Wheeliegirl
08-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Peachie does it all the time. I'll do it first, then she, or she'll do it first, and I'll copy her. We'll do different tones and copy each other. It's really quite funny.