PDA

View Full Version : whats been going on with my lovies

KrissieMarie
06-22-2008, 11:18 AM
so recently i noticed that 2 of my little lovies, jade and mystic have been having a little happy time in their hapy hut. Jade has been getting mystic into the hut, and well you know practicing his moves. and mystic has been looking around the cage for paper and anything she can carry up to the hut. they are still young but are they practicing for later on?

my parents just tell me to let nature take its course and not try to stop them. is this the right thing to do?

so i've come to the conclustion that jade is a boy and mystic is a girl.

and well saphyre i have no clue because they wont let it into the big cage, so i went and bought a med. sized cage for saphyre to have on its own.

LauraO
06-22-2008, 11:56 AM
It may still be too early for your lovies to be breeding though I've heard they can breed as early as five and six months old. In my opinion, I would try and deter any breeder amongst your lovies. Not only is it very unhealthy for young lovies to breed, there is no reason for it. Lovies in captivity have nothing to do with being in nature so the same rules do not apply. You will soon find out that once lovies breed it is very hard to get them to stop and most people soon get overwhelmed with all the care, time, health, and related issues they must deal with as well as trying to find GOOD homes for babies.

I suggest you take the happy hut out of the cage in the morning and return it at night for them to sleep in. I would also make sure there is nothing shredeable in the cage to discourage nesting. Rearranging the cage contents along with moving the placement of the cage in the house is another way to discourage nesting.

Good luck:)