PDA

View Full Version : Three Nostrils?

nfmgirl
06-27-2008, 08:53 AM
I just noticed today that it appears that Odie has three nostrils! I had another lovebird owner here at work take a look and confirm what I was seeing. Right there in the middle of the normal two nostrils, centered at the top of his beak, is a third nostril. Is this common? I've never heard of such a thing!

Eliza
07-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Do you have a picture of his beak & nares? I've not ever seen a lovebird (or any parrot, really) with a third nostril!

I'd be inclined to take him to the vet if he hasn't been already.

nfmgirl
07-02-2008, 05:43 PM
OK, so there is egg ALL OVER my face. I swear there was a hole at the top of his beak! Even the girl at work saw it! We used our fingers to move the feathers over to see it more clearly. I've seen it everday for a week or more!

So I go to take a picture and decide to wet the feathers up there to see the nostrils more clearly (the left one is always covered by a feather). Lo and behold, the center "nostril" disappeared! I can't see it now!

I think he's just being crafty. Like the Looney Tunes singing frog that wouldn't sing opera in public, and made his owner look crazy. Odie is just using his nostril shield to hide the fact that he has a third nostril from the rest of the world! :rolleyes:

thebubbleking
07-02-2008, 05:45 PM
rotflmao