PDA

View Full Version : tinkertoys

jknezek
07-25-2005, 12:56 PM
so yesterday i was in toys r us buying some toys for my nephew and i saw one lonely can of tinkertoys. i loved tinkertoys as a kid and i remember someone on this board saying they make great playgyms. so of course i snapped up the can and bought a zillion tinkertoy pieces.

i spent most of that afternoon and night with my girlfriend building a tinkertoy playgym for my three little ones and it was some of the most fun we've had in months. i think my girlfriend thought i was nuts at first but once she got into the construction business she worked harder than i did. we must have tried 20 different shapes trying to get just the right spacing and levels.

talk about a strangely enjoyable way to go back to your childhood and improve your birds life all for one cheap shot. thanks to whoever it was a while back who mentioned this great idea.

jeremy and the flock that won't get off the tinkertoy gym...

Elle
07-25-2005, 02:02 PM
I know waht you mean... I had fun watching my 18 yaer old boy and his 17 year old sister playing with tinker toys. I can tell whenever they are bored because I will walk home to a new tinker toy playgym for Blu.
There are little things we never grow out of :)

LoveBird
07-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Thats so cool! I can't wait to try that. My parent are going to walk in my room and an explosion of Tinker Toys. And Bird toys.
Taylor