PDA

View Full Version : chillaxing lovebird

jayme
07-18-2008, 12:34 PM
I just have to share this to you guys. Yesterday I was laying on the couch with my bird watchin tv. She was on my chest up close by my neck and I was given her scritches. She was totally in the zone and spaced out for about an hour. Her eyes were closed half the time and I could roll her all over and hold her upside down and on her back, scratch her all over. Flopping her head all over I think she thought she was in heaven. Every once in a while she'd wake up to run her beak up my face. I think this is some kind of kiss. Stopping every so often to lean her over for a commanded poop on the paper towel and then hop straight back to her massage. It's real neat when they have complete trust in you.

thebubbleking
07-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Pohaku my tiel is the scritchahollic of my flock she will sit on my shoulder or by my neck and let me scritch her forever turning her head to make sure i get all the angles lol

Gill
07-19-2008, 11:15 AM
I dont really get what a scritch is? I try to fuzz them around their head, cheeks but theyre not interested! They dont stay still long enough! :D

chromasnake
07-19-2008, 11:47 AM
"Scritch" is like preening with fingers, since we lack beaks. :) Or any generic sign of physical affection between two-leg people and people of feather, fur, or scale.

Here is a fun definition:
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=42103

Gill
07-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Bobble just attacks my fingers and Sticky doesnt stop moving, maybe ill try when theyre older and not so wriggly! (this is where you all tell me they never stop being wriggly!) :D

jayme
07-20-2008, 01:21 PM
They're so nice. I enjoy my bird's presense. I wish I could have mine out on my shoulder right now but the door is opening and closing alot around here because it's a super sunny warm day. I really need to get on top of this wing clip.