PDA

View Full Version : Favorite color of lovebird.

thebubbleking
07-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Ok heres a poll for you all what is your favorite color of lovebird. (Pied is not a color)

I would have to say for myself red. (like herculease) and powder blue a close second.
(SHHHH dont tell sunshine and boo!)

chromasnake
07-24-2008, 05:48 PM
I like them all. :) But I do have to admit, that silver gray with white face I've seen now and then is stunning, just stunning.

Buy A Paper Doll
07-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Dear Mr. Bubbleking,

I thinks you forgot a color.

VIOLET!
That's my vote.

Wing flaps,
Milo Lilo

Luckys mom
07-24-2008, 08:32 PM
I lean towards the blue.

thebubbleking
07-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Violet, powder blue,sky blue all kinds of blue lol can only make 8 choices:P

carrier
07-28-2008, 08:33 AM
WITHOUT A DOUBT.......

RED SUFFUSION

I WANT A HERCULES BIRDIE!!!!! :nyah:

linda040899
07-28-2008, 08:38 AM
With me, it's a toss up between ino Peachies (yellow) and Abyssinians (green). For favorite species, it's Abbys, hands down.

cp.lovebird
07-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Psst, don't tell Squeaky and Ducky that I love yellow birdies! :rofl:

michael
07-28-2008, 01:26 PM
First choice........GREEN with no preference towards face/crown colour. Then a toss up between the slates and the yeller. Funny thing about yellow is on automobiles it looks terrible, whereas a yellow birdy is a different story..................:)

Chickobee
07-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Oh my gosh! How could anyone possibly pick only ONE color?

One of the reasons we already have so many birds is that I love so many colors, and want even more! And, none of our birds are only one color! It's the fantastic combinations of bright colors that makes them appear to be little jewels!

I love my green opalines with their red heads, and my whitefaced blue ones, and my seagreen, and my whitefaced blue violet pied.... And I love so many of the colors of the birds everyone has shared on this site. (How could anyone possibly resist them?) And now, to make matters worse, I have two absolutely darling yellow ones, and an orangefaced green opaline, and a beautiful turquoise with violet one....

I will have a horrible time letting any of the babies go to new homes.

So, I pick RAINBOW!!!

Linda

Eliza
07-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Oh, so hard to say... I think that my favorites change as often as my moods ;)

I'd say that it's a 3-way-tie b/t the normal (wild-type) of ANY lovebird species, OF lutino peachies or the albino masked/Fischer's :) I'm also rather fond of slate (aka mauve or DD blue) masked lovebirds and slate peachies.

Lately my favorite been the OF lutinos, though. I think that this is a particularly beautiful mutation for some reason. About a year after I brought Beetle home, I came across one at Petsmart, of all place. I gave it a lot of thought at the time and just didn't feel ready for a second bird at the time... That happened a lot with during the time I had Beetle.

-e-