PDA

View Full Version : Birdy and his swings

unstuckpilgrim
07-30-2008, 07:41 PM
From day one my little guy has loved the swing in his cage. I just recently got him a jungle gym kind of thing that I can set on the coffee table. It has a few perches, a ladder, a couple of food cups, and a swing. He absolutely adores it, but never goes on the swing! And just now I saw him sitting all puffed up with his face right up against the swing and he was making angry squawks at it and attacking it! It's kind of hilarious! :rofl:

thebubbleking
07-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Lol mabey he loves his old swing and sees the new swing as a rival lol
Who knows what goes on in those little parrot brains of thiers!

cp.lovebird
07-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Silly birdie! Mine never go on the playgym swing either! 8o

Pips mom
07-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Oh Pip aint picky about swings.....the more swings the better! He loves swings, and any other toy I give to him! He pretty much will play with any toy, go on any swing.....hey, whatever's fun....he'll go for!

unstuckpilgrim
07-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Hahaha. He also gets really worked up when we play cards. He tries to attack them as we shuffle or deal.

When he's exploring the living room floor we always announce, "Floor Bird!" so everyone knows that he's underfoot. Now, whenever we play cards or he gets into a "fight" with his new swing, we announce, "Fury Bird!" and laugh hysterically.

linda040899
07-31-2008, 03:38 PM
What color is the swing?

unstuckpilgrim
07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
What color is the swing?

It's just a wooden swing. Made out of the same stuff as the perches and ladders. I think it's birch. The swing he likes is black plastic.

linda040899
07-31-2008, 06:46 PM
The reason I asked about color is that red will sometimes produce a reaction. Some birds are afraid of red, while others can have the opposite reaction. Some could care less at all!

thebubbleking
07-31-2008, 07:07 PM
All my birds like the swing in thier cages but not the ones on the play gyms....
My birds dont mind red unless it's a tomato because everybirdy knows tomatos are eviiiiiiiiil!

michael
07-31-2008, 08:29 PM
From day one my little guy has loved the swing in his cage. I just recently got him a jungle gym kind of thing that I can set on the coffee table. It has a few perches, a ladder, a couple of food cups, and a swing. He absolutely adores it, but never goes on the swing! And just now I saw him sitting all puffed up with his face right up against the swing and he was making angry squawks at it and attacking it! It's kind of hilarious! :rofl:

Awhile ago we had a similar oddball observation with one of my friends birds. Seems his toys are chewable when placed outside his cage but when put back in he beats the living daylights out of them. His mate on the other hand sits perched nearby without so much as a peep!......Sounds like your little guy really means business with that swing. Maybe he thinks one is enough or it doesn't belong outside his cage..................:)

unstuckpilgrim
08-01-2008, 03:25 AM
The reason I asked about color is that red will sometimes produce a reaction. Some birds are afraid of red, while others can have the opposite reaction. Some could care less at all!

Ah yes... he most definitely does NOT like it when my fingernails are painted, especially red. At first, he was afraid, but then he became quite angry with them. Scary red nails!!!!

unstuckpilgrim
08-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Sounds like your little guy really means business with that swing. Maybe he thinks one is enough or it doesn't belong outside his cage..................:)

Oh it is most serious business for him. He can ignore it for a bit, but then he has to squwaaaak! and bite it. Now that I think about it, it's almost like it gets in the way of him having fun. It's usually when he's in the middle of climbing around and being a little monkey that he pauses, looks at it, and gets furious! :rotfl