PDA

View Full Version : Almost time to share a cage?

cp.lovebird
08-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Squeaky and Ducky have been out together for a few weeks now on supervised visits and are preening, feeding and playing together well. Today, I showed Squeaky Ducky's cage and he hopped in and checked it out. Ducky went in too and then they both came out again to play. Ducky has been in Squeaky's cage a couple of times and Squeaky didn't go in with him.

I am wondering if it is time to try them in the same cage together for short periods when I am home to keep an eye and ear on them? I have searched this on the board and it seems to be the next step.

Any thoughts?

linda040899
08-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Christine,
If Squeaky and Ducky seem to be getting along together outside of the cages, there's a good possibility that they will get along inside of the cages. I would wait until the week-end before you put them together (if you are going to be home to supervise what goes on) but I don't think you are going to have a problem. I'm thinking you either have 2 males or a male/female pair.

cp.lovebird
08-05-2008, 08:42 PM
They are both definitely males! :)

thebubbleking
08-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Congrats on them getting along and not haveing a hen lol j/k about the hen!

cp.lovebird
08-10-2008, 09:30 PM
I had Squeaky and Ducky in the same cage yesterday afternoon for about 2 hours. Ducky was so excited he kept chasing Squeaky around the cage wanting to play! And Squeaky seemed to be getting really tired so I put him back in his cage and he went to sleep. Poor guy can't keep up with Ducky. I think I'll have to put them together for a few hours each day and keep an eye on them. If Ducky gets used to it and settles down then maybe they can share a cage. Today when they were out playing, Squeaky went into Ducky's cage and had a bite to eat! So, he seems comfortable there. We'll see how it goes. I know with lovebirds it is patience and persistence!