PDA

View Full Version : Im so happy Bloo is still here

abdul14459
08-10-2008, 12:07 AM
OMG. It was devestating today. I was sitting outside on the front porch of my house and my sister nad father were talking with our neighbors. And then my little sister who is 8 years old came out with Bloo in her hands. We took him out a few weeks ago. His wings were very small that time and he wouldnt fly from us.

So today, my sister brought him out and we thought everything would go normal and fine. WRONG. We put him on our table outside. And he was listening to the other birds. Those small city birds. The little brown ones. And he started talking. He was adorable. My mom told my father to put him back but my father didnt think it was a problem. So my mother left inside. Bloo was on the table. Everything was going normally fine until... Bloo flew at great speed across the street(its a one way street) and just kept going. Then he made a curve and it looked like he was one of the other little birds.

I was so shocked and my heart was thumping. He just kept going. I ran to my mom and told her that he flew away. She became very upset and was sad and she told me to tell my dad to put him back in.

So i went outside to look for my father and sisters because they were looking for him but they had no luck. I crossed the street and began looking. Then i remembered this one whistle that i knew and no one else knew. Its with holding my down lip together and sucking air to creat a unique whistle. I whistled one time and it was a miracle. I heard Bloo. He wasnt across the street, i heard him on the other side of the street, the side where i lived on. I whistled again and i heard him. i was so happy that i heard him. I kept whistling.

And i was still worrying because there are many cats in my area. He could have been gone in one gulp. With my whistling, i heard him behind a parked van. And out of no where, he flew to me. :lol He flew and i didnt take any chances. I grabbed for him but his wings hit my hand and kept going. My father was right behind me and he tried to catch him bt his wings hit him and finally he landed on the floor safe and sound.

I was so happy. I grabbed him and tucked him in my shirt. And i ran home. My house was just three houses away. I am very lucky and i know now never to take him out again. You can never trust these little ones. >o

Im so happy and right now he is on my keyboard aiming for my nails. :lol Im so happy he is still here safe and sound with me.

This is a story of a lifetime. And i was just one of the lucky ones. Cant take anymore chances. Im soon going to Canada next week and im handing over Giggles, Banana, and Bloo to a good friend of mine to take care of them while im gone.

bbslovie
08-10-2008, 02:10 AM
Hi Abdul,
I'm so glad there was a happy ending to this story and I hope you'll consider getting Bloo a wing clip!

momo
08-10-2008, 04:57 AM
Thank goodness you found him again!!!!

I think some would say, this is the reason why we should have our babies wings clipped... otherwise they have bird harness'.

Kathryn
08-10-2008, 11:20 AM
A wing clip is no guarantee that your bird will be unable to fly away...it simply means that your bird may not be able to get great lift.

Case in point is my story of Zipper from June 2006.
http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/community/showthread.php?t=4421

It's been two years since we lost Zipper and it's not something you recover from easily.

All of my birds have wing clips and I am very cautious about open doors and don't hang my cages outside anymore either.

abdul14459
08-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Im so sorry about Zipper. Yeah. This taught me and my family a lesson. Never to let them go outside again. And we have many cats in our neighborhood and have always seen dead baby birds on the floor. All torn apart. Its disgusting for me to say this. I cant put my birds in any risk any more.

abdul14459
08-10-2008, 12:00 PM
And about the wing clip, my parents doesnt want Bloo clipped yet because he can fly very well now and walks very good. My other lovebird, Banana had been clipped since he was small and now he cant fly as good as Bloo and Giggles. And Banana has been limping too so i want Bloo to be healthy. Its safe inside my house and everytime i whistle, Bloo flies over to me.

chromasnake
08-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm glad you found Bloo safe and sound. Having been in that situation before I can understand the feelings you've must have felt! I know when I found my bird safe I just sat right down with him and cried.

cp.lovebird
08-10-2008, 09:26 PM
I am so glad that you found Bloo and that he is back home with you safe and sound.

tokameaki
08-12-2008, 09:43 AM
gosh u are lucky...my neighbor went outside his house with his parrot on his shoulder and his wings were clip and the parrot fly away anyway...he said if i find the parrot its my.... but i never found him...its sad....i dont take my birds out because i didnt try the bird harness on them yet, and i dont think i would even if their wings are clip, they still can fly if the want to...becareful