PDA

View Full Version : I decided

Brookie
08-16-2008, 03:57 PM
I decided to start making more time for my bird!!! I clipped his wings today!! Now I am making more time so I can have him out. I think he is getting close to one year old and I dont want him to get mean..he is really cute and sweet I do feel that I need to trust him more!!

Eliza
08-17-2008, 08:38 AM
I think that you will both benefit by spending more time together :)

LauraO
08-17-2008, 10:55 AM
This is great to hear~! I think you will find that if you trust your bird more it will allow him to build trust, and you will see great progress and reward. I've found that lovies who are integrated into their human's lives really can make great companions!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

P.S. Just remember CONSITENCY, LOVE, AND PATIENCE is the key:D

michael
08-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Good to hear you decided to give your bird more time. Sometimes, if you start out adding even a little at a time, this can make a big difference. Even though he's already one year old, he likely still carries the learning potential as though he were a baby. I wish you and your companion the very best.....please keep us posted!................:)

Gill
08-17-2008, 03:07 PM
I love spending time with my Lovebirds, even though they like to bite me loads, and chew my phone and eat my grapes and chew my expensive necklace every so often but I still love them to pieces! :D

nfmgirl
08-17-2008, 03:18 PM
...and chew my expensive necklace every so often...

My Odie just bit my $500 gold necklace right in half the other day. I've had many birds in the past, and one other lovebird, and none ever bit through one of my necklaces.

<sigh>

Time for the jeweler, and I'll have to be MUCH more careful in the future to try to keep him from doing that!

Gill
08-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Oh dear! I do stop them pretty quick as i worry theyll bite right through! :D

lemonypickett
08-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Don't fear the bite or they will sense it!

My Eddie has never bit me even remotely hard. I think that is because I don't think about it as a option, and never hesitate when handling him.