PDA

View Full Version : Chewing on paper?

Brookie
08-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Is it ok to let them chew on paper when they are out of there cage or does that make them aggressive? I think I have a male.

momo
08-19-2008, 01:05 AM
chewing.. destroying thing.. it just a lovebird trait hahaha... if they bite circles like a whole punch its a boy. if they strip it. its a girl :)

thebubbleking
08-19-2008, 06:40 PM
"if they strip it. its a girl "
Oh no she didnt! No advertizeing of lovebird exotic dancers on this site!
LOL j/k momo is correct in that males will punch holes and females will make paper strips but this is not always the case just the norm, the only way to tell for sure is dna testing or when you find an egg lol

momo
08-20-2008, 02:11 AM
hahahahha... i wouldnt be surprised if elmo fell in love with a piece of paper and wanted to strip it.. hes just fascinated by it.. he was in his cozy cave and paper on the string could reach his cozy cave. so he was in his cozy cave just nibbling on paper....i think he was in heaven.

Triock
08-20-2008, 04:15 AM
I never heard that before about males make holes and female strip.. paper of course rofl. That make Jack a boy then he loves paper, the other day my partner was sat reading a book (very protective of how they should be handled and kept - sad i know), Jack was watching for a while then flew over landed on top of the book and proceeded to chomp down, the look on my partners face, I was on the floor in hesterics, HA HA HA HA HA HA

Kristina
08-20-2008, 05:26 AM
Fenway makes holes in paper and sometimes spitballs, but I'm pretty sure Fenway is a girl (he does the wings out - tail up and back up approach to mating, LOL). He does like to use the stems from millet. I think he tries to put them in his tail feathers, but always drops them. LOL.