PDA

View Full Version : Long time NO cage....yet

michael
08-22-2008, 04:49 PM
So now, this is the second attempt at ordering a new cage from HQ. First time around they had every colour but green. This second time their now completely "out of stock" of both cages we were interested in. The HQ83419 and the HQ23419B. Couple weeks ago they said another 60 days before they would have them in stock. The prices are great UNTIL you find them at another website. Budget says we'll just have to wait. I'm sure though Goof would like to have one NOW! .......Darned @%$#!.....%X&#@!........#&%#F@!

Just had to vent a little >:.....we feel a little better now ;)

lemonypickett
08-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Michael,

what about that site a bunch of us got the big cage from?

Can't remember ... was it bird cages for less?

Anyone out here remember?.... I know there was a link to it on a bunch of posts here.

lemonypickett
08-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi Michael,

I went fishing..... found the link...

http://www.birdscomfort.com/flight_bird_cage.html

Best cage ever! Inexpensive, quality construction though. I am ordering another one next week so it matches Eddie's other big one so that I can have them looking good together if I ever get another bird.

That will make 3 cages (plus one small travel one) for 1 bird !! I am sick !

michael
08-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Laura. I just checked back with HQ cages and the two cages we are interested in continue to be out of stock......:(. Hopefully, we can manage to sneak one in sometime before the end of October. I think we will see about placing an order ahead of time just in case. Thanks for the link as it appears the site you found sells them a bit cheaper than the actual HQ website.............:)

lemonypickett
08-24-2008, 05:58 PM
No problem. I just ordered mine online this afternoon, I will let you know what they say. I ordered the black. It has a really nice finish to it, almost like a mottled pewter. The swatch on the site is very accurate.

Now you can all see the restraint when I have this big 'ol HQ cage sitting empty next to Eddie while I do my proper research.

Worse case scenario, it can be his porch cage. And he has a sleep cage, and a living room cage ......... ;) spoiled little brat.

lemonypickett
08-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Just ordered the cage, it will be here Thursday. They charged be I think $39 shipping from FL to MA. Not bad.

So.... Black is in stock!

michael
08-28-2008, 11:53 AM
You know Laura, having too many cages can indicate an early sign of illness...........:x...........I think one of thems MBS! .......................:omg:!

lemonypickett
08-28-2008, 01:54 PM
what is MBS?

michael
08-29-2008, 03:52 PM
what is MBS?

You mean you've never heard of MBS?.........:roll:.........Well, its MULTIPLE BIRD SYNDROME!!! ..........:omg:

From my understanding there is really NO cure as we know of, just constant remedial therapy. Terrible I tell you....just terrible....:(

thebubbleking
08-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Lol i heard that! i got mbs pretty bad and the number one symptom is the words " i have room for just this one more bird..."
I also have some cages i use for my lanai in addition to thier regular cages.
Oh and michael you could always use the extra cage for some finches :D

Bubblelady
08-29-2008, 04:54 PM
You mean you've never heard of MBS?.........:roll:.........Well, its MULTIPLE BIRD SYNDROME!!! ..........:omg:

From my understanding there is really NO cure as we know of, just constant remedial therapy. Terrible I tell you....just terrible....:(

There probably is no cure but I think there is a form of prevention--livie in a no pets apartment. And poverty helps. :) My current apartment doesn't allow pets but I got a clause in my lease that I could have my Lovie. Lucky for me the owner decided she liked me before she knew about the bird & I said if Bo didn't come, I didn't come. I hid the canary when they decided to do an inspection when a rental management company took over. Didn't want to push my luck. I really don't know how y'all afford your flocks. I've spent over $2000 at the vet's in the past 3 months! Of course Buddy hasn't always been that expensive but there is her annual check up & boarding at the vet's whenever I leave town & can't take her with me. I won't trust her to anyone's care but aviatrician. They are so good to her. When I thanked the vet for taking such good care of my baby when I had to leave her for 2 weeks--the longest we have ever been apart--he said. "That's a special bird. But you almost lost her." I looked horrified until he added, "Every time I looked at my kennel keeper she had that ##@!!# bird on her shoulder. I finally had to tell her to put the bird back and get to work!" She really is a special bird :)

I guess you could say I have SMBS--Sequential Multiple Bird Syndrome. The only way I can stop crying when I lose a fid is to get another ASAP!

lemonypickett
08-30-2008, 09:59 AM
That is a nice story.

My old landlord had a no pets policy. But I was so lonely for some love, I got Eddie. I was afraid if I asked, and he said no to the little bird, I would be out of luck.

I figured it was easier to be forgiven than ask permission!

If he said you go or the bird goes, than I would have happily left.

Now..... I get to do whatever I want!! Yipee!!