PDA

View Full Version : Getting my first home

nfmgirl
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Just had to say how thrilled I am that I just put an offer in today on my first house. It has almost every single thing that I had on my list for my dream home, including a screened lanai that stretches across the entire length of the home with french doors leading out to it. So Odie is going to have a great time hanging out on that shady screened lanai looking out on to the gorgeous backyard and deck, especially after I put out some bird feeders to lure in the wild birds, too! It will be quite a change going from a little 600 sq foot condo to a 1200 sq foot house with screened lanai. It will give the five cats and Odie plenty of room to spread out, so Odie can have more "out of cage" time. I think all involved will be happy with the move, except perhaps Momma, who has spent the majority of the last four years hiding under my bed!

Flapjack
08-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Where? Ft Myers? Cape Coral? ooohh- Pine Island?

Yay!!! Congratulations! How exciting!!!

thebubbleking
08-26-2008, 09:14 PM
What and you didnt buy the house through me?!?! shame on you how am i going to afford my annual trips to vegas?!?!?!
Lol j/k congrats!
Oh but if you do decide to buy in hawaii give me a holler :D

Kristina
08-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Congratulations!

michael
08-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Heather. That is really fantastic news! Surprizingly enough, my daughter just purchased a home thats still in the process of being built. I'm so excited for her :) she's always worked so hard for whatever she's needed. Her having a home of her own after all we've lost over the last few years is definitely a dream come true. She should be moving in at the end of December. :clap The both of you (and your furry feathery family members too) have my prayers for a very happy future ahead. And please, take care as best you can and we'll be looking forward to hearing about how everyone managed to fit into their new home!................:)

nfmgirl
08-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. It's both an exciting and nerve-wracking time. So much to do and so much money to come up with in the next month!

Where? Ft Myers? Cape Coral? ooohh- Pine Island?

NE Cape. Cape Coral is number one in the country for foreclosures right now. It's such a shame. I feel bad for the young woman who had the house before. You can see all of the love she put into it.

...my daughter just purchased a home thats still in the process of being built.

Congratulations to your daughter, too, Michael!

shame on you how am i going to afford my annual trips to vegas?!?!?!

Ooooh. I expect to be going to Vegas in October, but its for business, not pleasure!

lemonypickett
08-28-2008, 06:14 AM
Congrats! It is the best feeling in the world owning your own home.

I just bought my first house in May. Still haven't moved in yet.... Been completely renovating it. A lot of work! Phew!