PDA

View Full Version : Pip's in love

Pips mom
09-04-2008, 02:47 PM
I caught this pic of them together, Pip and Ivy......I know the pic didn't come out great and there's some glare, but doesn't it look like it's written all over his face??? These two are too cute together sometimes.
http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/kim1888/?action=view&current=Picture048.jpg

carrier
09-04-2008, 03:25 PM
awwwww....so very cute!

Pip indeed looks smitten. :nyah:

Ivy, on the other hand....:confused:

Pips mom
09-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Oh Ivy loves him! she just has to be in the mood for him! She is a much calmer type of bird, so sometimes Pip can be a bit much for her! she is good with him though.....it's Pip you have to watch! the little foot nipper that he is!

michael
09-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Kind of looks like a brother sister thing going on at the least......:)...... Obviously, you can see there's something fascinating going on between them. How wonderful that along with the proper care and supervision we can sometimes witness two species coexisting with each other. One things for sure, Ivy and Pip are definitely two very special birds.

bbslovie
09-05-2008, 01:55 AM
Too cute! What a stunner Ivy is! Pip's one handsome birdie too!

wilkiecoco
09-05-2008, 08:35 AM
what a great pic!!! it's so nice that they can spend time together and get along. :)

LauraO
09-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Cute pic! Ivy really is a beautiful girl!

You are so lucky that Pip and Ivy get along. My one Meyer's parrot hates lovebirds and straight hunts them down to kill them. It is no joke that he sits accross the room, plots his plan, and carries it out with death on his mind. He hasn't always been this way so it took us a bit to figure out just how dangerous he is. As a result, we can no longer have any of our lovebirds downstairs, which is upsetting. Not only do we like bringing some of our lovebirds downstairs to play, there are a couple of pairs that don't do that well in the birdroom and thrive downstairs.

Bubblelady
09-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Wow! Ivy sure is beautiful. I didn't notice her coloring when I watched the video of Pip doing his Lovebird Strut. They make a wonderful "odd couple". Hope Buddy & Gus like each other this much :)

thebubbleking
09-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Very pretty no wonder pips in love lol

Pips mom
09-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I'll have to get a video of these two so you can really see how they are together. Ivy is a gentle soul......very sweet! I doubt she would ever hurt anyone or anybirdie! She will chase Pip away when she gets tired of him and try to look all big and bad with her beak open......but she does this to people too and never bites. There have been times when they sit right close together and one time they put their heads together all snuggly! and Ivy tries to feed Pip.....I know she likes him, she just gets tired of him following her around all the time....sometimes when they are sharing a dish of veggies, she will take some veggies in her beak and take off with them so Pip won't bother her! Ivy came from a home with lots of birds and was out in a bird room with them. She had two lovie friends there that she got along well with and one of them she was close with......her true love there was a green cheek conure though.
I think Ivy and Pip are good friends......and when they are together I can walk out of the room for a few seconds, but they still have to be watched because of Pip.....he will still nip at her feet when the mood strikes. If I have Ivy, Pip will follow me and I end up with two birds on me many times!
I am happy with how they are together, even though they can't be trusted without being watched......I know they like each other.....Pip is alot more excited about the relationship! but there are some moments watching them that are just SO cute!