PDA

View Full Version : Slow and steady....

HaleBoppPeachyluv
09-06-2008, 02:24 PM
My makalii had the makings of a velcro birdie by the end of the first week...he accepted skritches and liked being near/on me. By the 2nd week, I could tell he was MY lovie..

Sunnybird on the otherhand, is incredibly independent. She wants things on her own terms... does not like hands... needs to come out the cage on her own time.

But now has begun to head for my shoulder when she out. She'll accept kisses & tries to preen my hair. She's out right now on my keyboard trying to take up the keys... gnawing on my fingers when the get in the way.

I slowed things down... not trying to force anything on her except her meds... and she's returned the favor by actually seeming to WANT to be on me whe she's out. Sure she'll explore, but now she's hanging out more on me somewhere.

I think we'll work out. :)

bellarains
09-06-2008, 05:44 PM
First, that is just the most precious little lovie. Wow!!!! What a cutie pie:)

Yep, these little ones are very giving, but in their own time,on their own terms. I am glad all is going well, and if Sunnybird is begining to accept your hand, even after the meds, I think she will come along just fine. Some are never crazy about hands, but letting them accept them on their own terms does work best:)