PDA

View Full Version : Not sleeping well?

sphinxface
09-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Well, lately Beezle has been trying to communicate with us after we put him to bed. I'll clear my throat or walk by his room and he'll send out a contact call. He didn't use to do this, but then he also didn't want anything to do with us.. so maybe now that he's becoming more friendly and attached to people he wants to be with them all the time? that's my only guess, I'm just afraid maybe he's not sleeping quite as well as he should though he seems just as full of energy as ever. Though he does just want to hang upside down in his cage while staring out at people all day long. :P

Buy A Paper Doll
09-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Whenever he calls out to you, call back. He just wants reassurance that you're there and everything's ok. I just say "It's OK" or "shhh it's bedtime" or something like that and mine settles down again.

Triock
09-13-2008, 08:46 AM
I have got used to saying its bedtime to Jack as I take him to his sleep cage, then as i cover him up for the night as say good night to him then i cover him for the night and he sleeps right through. He never has a sleep cage before but even when i covered him in his first cage i used to say its bedtime and good night just before i covered him for the night.

wilkiecoco
09-13-2008, 09:07 AM
We don't cover Kiwi's cage at night, (it freaks him out) so every once in a while when I put him to bed, he will call out to us. I do as the others said - I quietly say back, "it's bedtime Kiwi, I love you, see you in the morning". It seems to reassure him, and he settles down very quickly for the night.

Birds get into a routine, and if you do this often, Beezle should get used to the nightime routine. :)

shylevon
09-15-2008, 07:24 PM
I just say "It's OK" or "shhh it's bedtime" or something like that and mine settles down again.

Maybe that is what he is trying to say. 'Shut the bloody he11 up. I'm tryin' to get some sleep over here.' Just kidding. Most birdies have a nice nap in the afternoon, so I am sure he is getting enough sleep. He just doesn't want to miss any action.