PDA

View Full Version : We're Back!

Bubblelady
09-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Buddy, Gussie, and I are home. We've been home a couple of hours & Buddy is still snuggling inside my shirt--hasn't wanted to go to her spa. First time in a couple of weeks she has wanted to stay with me :). AND, for the first time in 5 months, her uric acid levels arewithin normal limits :happy: Everyone at the vet's was bragging on how sweet and comical Gussie is :whistle: It feels good to have my babies back!

The reunion was great. Of the 37 surviving members of our class, 30 were there! We have 4 who have been married for 50 years. And wonder of wonders, after my weeks of looking for a local lovebird breeder, I find out one of my classmates, whom I have known for 62 years (10 of us went from 1st through 12th grade together), is married to a hobbiest lovebird breeder! Actually, I sort of know him, too. He was a year ahead of us in grade school. She said the birds are his thing, not hers, but she has hand fed babies when he went hunting. So, if I ever find myself having lovie withdrawal, I know where to go!

LauraO
09-22-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm glad your trip went well. It sounds like Buddy missed you bunches:whistle:. It must have been good news to hear about her uric acid levels especially since she hadn't been feeling well.

Oh, what part of the Central Coast do you live on???

Bubblelady
09-22-2008, 06:10 PM
It sounds like Buddy missed you bunches:whistle:.

But probably not as much as I missed her!

Oh, what part of the Central Coast do you live on???

Monterey Peninsula--lucky me :whistle:

Jally
09-23-2008, 06:16 AM
Glad you are back! Awesome news about Buddy. Sounds as if she really missed you!

LauraO
09-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Monterey Peninsula--lucky me :whistle:

Nice Area! I asked cause I grew up in the Arroyo Grande/Grover City (Beach) area. I moved away permanently in my 20's but love to visit when I can. I use to go every year or two but haven't been in quite some time.

:):)