PDA

View Full Version : Lily: The Preen Machine

Buy A Paper Doll
09-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Lily wants to preen me all the time. I mean ALL THE TIME. My face, hair, cuticles, clothes, fingernails, nothing is safe from the Preen Machine. I pick her up, and she comes at me with her beak open, wanting to preen me.

?!

Linda???? :rofl:

thebubbleking
09-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Better then comeing at you with her beak open to gack on you!
Preening is a compliment:D

linda040899
09-26-2008, 06:02 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Jennifer,
I definitely think Lily likes you, which is a blessing for me! :lol I don't usually let my day 1 babies go to new homes unless I'm very sure it will work. The bond between a day 1 baby and the hand feeder is a lot closer than the bond between a 14 day old and hand feeder. All the youngsters you met while your were here are day 1s, including Echo. Let them all out at one time and I find myself just covered with lovies doing what Lily does to you.

Enjoy her! She's obviously enjoying your company! :)

Buy A Paper Doll
09-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Better then comeing at you with her beak open to gack on you!
Preening is a compliment:D
I'd take gack over a bite to the nostril any day of the week.

Buy A Paper Doll
09-26-2008, 06:29 PM
I definitely think Lily likes you, which is a blessing for me!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Z28Taxman
09-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Get used to it. DItto is almost 6 and is still like that! (he's a day one hand fed baby too).

wilkiecoco
09-27-2008, 06:31 PM
day 1 - day 14 - it's like you're talking spanish! no compendre???? what does that mean a day 1 baby as compared to a day 14 baby??? :confused:

jennifer - that's great news about lily - she sounds like a sweetheart!!

Buy A Paper Doll
09-27-2008, 06:46 PM
day 1 - day 14 - it's like you're talking spanish! no compendre???? what does that mean a day 1 baby as compared to a day 14 baby??? :confused:

jennifer - that's great news about lily - she sounds like a sweetheart!!

I didn't know what a day 1 baby was, either! It's what happens when a breeder has to feed a baby bird from the minute they hatch.

If my dates are correct, Lily is the youngest of the babies mentioned in this thread (http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/community/showthread.php?t=12068).

And yes, Lily is a sweetheart. She means well, even when she's clinging to the side of my head, toenails dug into my ear, preening my eyebrow. :omg:

wilkiecoco
09-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Aaahhhhhh!! Thanks Jennifer! :)