PDA

View Full Version : Interaction

lmdarling
09-30-2008, 08:43 PM
So I have decided that maybe it's not so good to let all three of my lovies out together. It does bad things to Cisco and the baby's attitudes. It also seems to make Cisco mad at Remi if she is nice to the baby. He gets really cold to her for about 15 minutes, and if she tries to preen him, he says no, birdy style. He seems to be much more vocal with Remi lately which is good I think. Can it strain the budding relationship with Remi and Cisco to allow the baby to interact with them?
Thanks, Lauren

Kali
10-02-2008, 02:50 AM
Hi Lauren,
I don't have and answer to your problem but if I bring this thread up front one of our leaned members may be able to help.

momo
10-02-2008, 03:21 AM
I am no expert at all..
but it seems from what you said the male lovie doesnt enjoy when the babies around so it seems like the most sane thing to do is let the two adults have their time out with one another, and have the baby out on its own.

or maybe you can let the female have separate time with the baby and the adult one, just make sure the adult one doesn't see haha..

ahh men and their jealously ;)

linda040899
10-02-2008, 05:18 AM
The baby is just that, a baby. He/she needs time to grow/mature, and then you really need to find him/her a companion. Lovebird trios rarely work and the baby could very easily get seriously injured.

lmdarling
10-02-2008, 09:14 PM
After reading a lot of the posts, I figured out my lovies nest box was in entirely the wrong place. Yesterday I moved it, and today when I got home from college, Remi and Cisco were fully paired, Cisco was keeping watch and Remi was kicking out any pieces of Carefresh that she found unsatisfactory. I'm so excited!!!! Lesson learned, my lovies want their nest way high, not inches from the bottom.

I have stuck to keeping the baby away from both Remi and Cisco, he only plays with me now. He is much too young to be having the ideas he is having about Remi anyway.

My plan was to use one of the babies that will hopefully be produced by Remi and Cisco as the baby's friend. Would 2 pairs of lovebirds get along in the same cage or should I keep them separated by pair even far in the future? Would it be okay to add the new theoretical baby to the current baby's cage when the new theoretical baby is about 3 months old? If I were to give the baby boy another baby boy, could I put the two baby boys in with Remi and Cisco (not with a nest box) once they reach adulthood?

I guess a more all encompassing question would be what combinations of sexes and numbers of lovebirds can work barring any unforseen personality conflicts? I have read that you should have one pair or more than three. Can two pairs get along???

Thanks everybody, and sorry about another long post.
Lauren