PDA

View Full Version : Public Notice: Jewel Thief on the Loose!

Buy A Paper Doll
10-01-2008, 06:30 PM
There is a jewel thief in the Central Florida area. So far the robbery attempts have proven to be unsuccessful, but there have been some close calls. At least one diamond has been loosened from its setting in what was obviously a premeditated attempt to steal the gem at a later date.

The suspect is about 5 inches tall, weighs approximately two ounces, and is creamy yellow in color, with a white face. It is highly recommended that all gemstones, particularly diamonds, be locked up until further notice.

thebubbleking
10-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Lol my sc's and cockatiel loves shinys lol

Bubblelady
10-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Well, if you'd buy her the diamond tiara she obviously needs, maybe she'd leave your jewels alone! (NOT!, says Lily. A girl can never have too many diamonds. :whistle:)

Bo, my 1st lovie, turned all my gold ball stud earirngs into free form art. Crunched those little orbs in a heart beat. That was back before I gave up wearing earrings :rofl:

HaleBoppPeachyluv
10-01-2008, 09:41 PM
ah yes... my maka learned not to eat my earrings, and left my diamond alone.... but Sunnybird can't' resist a chomp on either... so she's trained me to take off earrings and e-ring before playtime.

My wedding band is titanium & survives teh chomps...the only other jewelry i have is a sturdy sterling bangle that is also beak-proof.

momo
10-01-2008, 11:05 PM
hahahaha..

there is one in Western Australia too..
loves to steal the backings of your earrings and then watch your earrings fall out..

do you think they are from the same "tribe"?

butterfly1061
10-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Awwww, Miss Lily has chosen diamonds over pearls. She has good taste :D

linda040899
10-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Sounds like Dao (macaw) must have had a talk with Lily when I wasn't looking! He has a definite preference for those sparkly stones, too, and his beak is much more efficient! He's managed to break a few prongs in his lifetime but has never successfully lifted what he was after!

Sorry about that............ :whistle:

shylevon
10-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Let me tell you about the time one of my birds crunched my $3500 Tanzanite.

Oh, wait, I'll have to tell you the story later. I'm crying again, and that was prabably three years ago.

Buy A Paper Doll
10-02-2008, 07:07 PM
I was lucky this time, but I have learned my lesson: No diamonds around Miss Lily! :lol