PDA

View Full Version : what was i so worried about

elijahfan
10-04-2008, 06:15 AM
i put my hand in the cage to day and mrs lovett step up, then getting her off was a nightmare lol, she did use her beck on my hand i think she was y exploring and she tried to chew my jumper, will he stop doing this, as i get so worried she will bite me,

so she will step up so what about letting her out, my living room is fairly big my room is fairly big too, but she had budgies out in there and they haven't bothered, but my cockatiel might, a mummy's boy :blush::whistle:
so the bath room can i take some pics first so you can tell me if its ok ?

shylevon
10-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Your birdie seems to enjoy exploring on you. He may nibble, or even bite, but a lovies bite rarely breaks the skin. It can feel like a hard pinch if he is really upset.

Where I am going with this is... Don't shy away from letting your lovie explore you and your hands for fear of a bite. It may be a step the two of you need to take to better your relationship. And, it really isn't so bad.

If you want to let your birdie out with a cockatiel around, keep a close eye on them. Sometimes different species get along, sometimes they don't.

elijahfan
10-06-2008, 03:37 AM
she is in quarentieen at the monemtn so she can hear the birds but i wont let her in the same room, she has explored my hands this morning i have lost a bit of skin, only a tiny bit of blood, i am worried about a bite i supose its normal, right now she is on the back of my neck so i think, she likes me only problem i have is she wont lear to food, i tryed millet and seed but she wont go back in the cage lol, i have a few things to be getting on with and am worried she will get hert, if she is happy on my holder(i think eating my hair ) can i leave her there and get on ?

BarbieH
10-06-2008, 11:24 AM
It's fine to let her stay on your shoulder, but also a good idea to see if you can get her used to your hands -- as long as the biting isn't too nasty when you try. Some lovies really don't like hands, but that bite is very different from a bird who just "beaks" your skin to make sure it's a stable surface to stand on.

When you are working with her with your hands, make sure you don't have lotion on that she might swallow. good luck! :)

elijahfan
10-06-2008, 03:46 PM
she Si fine with my hands, and will apply step up unless on my shoulder then she will try and bite, its not actually that bad but i do worry , he flew straight to me when i put my arm up, and will step up he just like my shoulder, ok more hand practice

how do i do that ? he wont step up of my shoulder or neck, he just moves away