PDA

View Full Version : jealous boyfriend of kiwi?

Kiwi*
10-07-2008, 12:58 PM
OK so im a huge animal lover i love dogs more then anything but lovebird are right up there. so i talk my boyfriend(who i live with) to let me get one a lovebird...

well he was so happy for me and now a week later hes being a little rude boy about it. he cant stand that kiwi is always on me, say its silly and stupid and that i wear this sweater just for kiwi(cuz he chews everything he can get it peak on) i dont want my nice shirts to get runed. or that i sit by the cage when kiwi in there and just talk to him, ya so i can get kiwi USE TO ME! ive only had kiwi a week as of today. but he just doenst get it at all... and im getting very sick of his annoying comment to me every night. oh and he thinks bird dropings are the sickest thing ever :rotfl and he hates when kiwi grinds his peak i was like sorry but its just like a cat purring same thing. and he calls hiim self a BIG animal lover :rolleyes: if he was such an animal love he would understand why i take kiwi out and have kiwi one me all the time which to tell you the truth kiwi isnt out as much as it like kiwi to be :rofl:

sorry i guess this is more of a vent to someone who may understand me.

linda040899
10-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Hey, you've come to the right place to vent frustrations! How well I remember my comments to my current husband the first time he came over to meet my "family." I told him to take a look around at what comes with me. I told him that if he had a problem with anyone, I have 3 entrance doors to my home. All he needed to do was pick one and be gone, as none of them were leaving if he didn't like them. Love me, love my birds!

BarbieH
10-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Jealous, jealous. He needs to bond with the bird! Will Kiwi go to him at all?

NickyBeth
10-07-2008, 04:04 PM
I say dump the boyfriend and keep the bird. Kidding! Just kidding.

My husband was the same way. He was never fond of our first lovebird -- who I will admit was quite nasty and only bit me and let me hold him when he took a bath and wanted to snuggle in a towel.

Anyway, once we got the second one, he changed a little when he saw Cherry would come out of her cage and "hop" up the steps to see him every day. The bird actually climbs 16 steps and walks down a hallway and chirps outside the office door until my husband opens the door to let her highness in. Once she sees he is working, she will look around the office to check to make sure everything is okay and then head back to her "cage" once again. My husband (who is a 6 foot 5 inch scaredy cat when it comes to handling things like babies & animals) will pick up Cherry and put her wherever she wants to go.

So let your boyfriend try to hold Kiwi. See what happens!

thebubbleking
10-07-2008, 05:40 PM
My birds are my babies and anyone who loves me loves all of me includeing my birds i have to say i realy lucked out my girlfriends a keeper she isnt as much a fanatic as i am but knows how much i love my fids and fully supports me, well so far, we see what happens when i bring home a blue lovie to keep candy company lol In the future not right away i need to build my lani aviary first:D

momo
10-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Tell him to grow up! hahaha..
my boyfriend got a bit annoyed when i first got elmo because all I would do was talk about him (prior to him beginning to bond with me) but I told him elmo is my first pet.. (he has had a million pets growing up) and then he realised how important it is to me.

I'm pretty sure that dog droppings are grosser (if that's a word..) that bird droppings!

Your boyfriend probably needs re-assurance that he's no.1 in your life.. you know.. egos and everything ;)

--
thebubbleking if you're girlfriend is cool with candy's playmate.. you should marry her!

cp.lovebird
10-07-2008, 09:05 PM
It took my husband quite a while to get used to the birds. Now he likes Squeaky because he'll land on him sometimes and Squeaky always listens when my husband talks to him. Ducky is still afraid of everyone else but me but once Ducky did land on him (kind of by accident) and my husband remarked that he now knew why I liked to play with Ducky - that the bird was very soft and warm! :rofl: Give your boyfriend some time - maybe he'll warm up to Kiwi!

Kiwi*
10-07-2008, 11:13 PM
hahah ya he'll get over it best part is right now kiwi is on his leg(first time kiwi been on him) and hes loving it very much!!!!

but he'll get over it hes just jel for the time its only been a week after a few weeks it will ware off im sure! well i hope so or hes out the door, lol jk....maybe tee hee