PDA

View Full Version : what are the odds?(long)

Kiwi*
10-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Ok so on tuesday i went and took kiwi to this bird vet to get the band off kiwi's leg, which is crazy its 5blk away from my house, and well its the only one i could find another vet gave me their number. ok too the point of this...

So i go in to the vet fill out papers blah blah blah. go in to the room with kiwi waiting for the vet to come in. she comes in *in my head* "danmm she looks like someone i know or something*
me-"did you ever work at another bird vet place like ummm.......10ish years ago?
her-"umm no, but we did have this place at a diff location...."
me-"no way!! i had a bird i took to you when i was a little girl"
her-"what was the bird and name"
me-" a lovebird name petrie"
her-"OH YES PETRIE how could i EVER forget about that little guy!!!!!how did he do?"
(she told me when i took him home after the vet stuff for a week he would only live a mth to 2mths she though)
me"he did amazing! he lived 2 long happy years!
her-"thats so awesome, hey linda you remeber petrie?"
linda-"yes i though ive see you before(talking about me)"
me-"ya but i was only 10 or 12 lol"
linda-"aww petrie what such a trooper!"
me"ya he was i loved that bird to the end of time i still do miss him every day and its been around 8years without him"

ok so i had a lovebird when i was in gr1 to get 9. he got led posioning in his body! we think it was from the water at the crappy apt. we lived in. and i was a young girl caring and giving my bird med. every 5hours walking up at 3am to just give my bird med. to make him better my mom vet bills where huge!!! i remeber in the room the vet said there was 2 opps. 1put him down 2-see what it was... and before my mom said anything i said(11ish years old) NO THERE ONLY ONE CHOICE! with tears in my eyes, my bird was my heart and soul. my mom didnt have the heart to do that to me or petrie either she just as much of an animal lover as me(she was a single parent of 4kids)so after all the work and fixing he ended up with feet that wouldnt grip or work. so he had to live in a huge fish tank with a heating pad under it but he loved it. with a litte hamster home to sleep in. and he lives a great 2years long he die a short life to most lovebird of 8 years but he was a very lucky little guy!

anyhow what were the odds of HER being the SAME vet that took care of my old lovebird petrie! i know kiwi is in good hands there if anything were to happen which they wont

R.I.P Petrie you will never be forgoten you always have a place in my heart!

thebubbleking
10-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Aww what a special bird that the vet remembers him so long after!

HaleBoppPeachyluv
10-10-2008, 02:33 AM
aww that's so sweet, i'm glad you've got a vet you can trust!

also, i have to say i love the avatar picture you chose... i love it when lovies relax their tummy feathers & you can't see their legs...just their toes! so cute!

Kiwi*
10-10-2008, 04:43 PM
also, i have to say i love the avatar picture you chose... i love it when lovies relax their tummy feathers & you can't see their legs...just their toes! so cute!

hahah thankyou, i really love yours!!

lemonypickett
10-10-2008, 05:40 PM
You might want to get a lead test yourself if you were drinking that water. It can contribute to some birth defects in children and can cause problems for you too as you age.

Not to freak you out, but I know 2 people that suffer that.

Kiwi*
10-14-2008, 04:55 PM
You might want to get a lead test yourself if you were drinking that water. It can contribute to some birth defects in children and can cause problems for you too as you age.

Not to freak you out, but I know 2 people that suffer that.

This was about oh my over 10yrs ago.. and ive even seen a natural path and a few years ago and all that im safe, thankyou though lemonypickett :)

michael
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi Sarah. What an interesting story in regards to the circumstances surrounding your current vet. Sounds like this chance reuniting has not only rekindled fond memories of your special Petrie, but may have also provided you and Kiwi with good sound veterinary care. Surely, this is not an option many others are able to take advantage of as quite often seeking appropriate vet care can almost become as difficult as treating an illness..... First and foremost is finding a good vet with enough experience. Next is establishing a relationship that offers the best care for your individual bird....You know, I think you may have already found both!..............:)

Pips mom
10-14-2008, 10:28 PM
What a great story! I love happy stories! so nice you found this nice vet again! :D

Kiwi*
10-20-2008, 12:26 AM
an old babysitter i had when i was young found a pic of me and petrie and my mothers bird tiger.... though id post it on here!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/hpgirly/n508505944_1015305_9880.jpg

LoveBug12
10-29-2008, 10:29 PM
That's an amazing story! Strange how people come in and out of your lifes huh?
I always loved seeing people I used to know. It's just this great feeling! (: