PDA

View Full Version : Velcro Birdies

Bubblelady
10-15-2008, 08:33 PM
There have been so many departures (or near departures) to the Rainbow Bridge lately, I had to go cuddle my babies to cheer me up. And while we were cuddling, I got to thinking about how good they are for my soul. So here is a tribute to my, and all other, Velcro birdies--on either side of the Rainbow Bridge :)

I have a little lovebird that goes in and out with me.
Her feet are made of Velcro—it's plain as plain can be.
My body is her play gym; my shirt's her napping place.
She's always doing something to put a smile upon my face.

I have no need for worry beads—I rub her feathered head,
And cuddle her against my cheek before we go to bed.
She likes to lie upon her back within my open palm.
Then my thumb can rub her beak; it makes us both feel calm

Now don't misunderstand me; she is no shrinking violet.
When I irritate her, her beak becomes quite violent!
Let's sing the praise of Velcro birds; everyone should have one.
Cuddly mood or feisty mood, they are a ton of fun!

thebubbleking
10-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Make me jealous i dont have a velcro bird and i got 6 birds!
Great poem to those lucky fid ma's and pa's

momo
10-15-2008, 09:30 PM
you always have fantastic poems...

the last paragraph is SOO true ;)

Chickobee
10-16-2008, 09:27 AM
I love your poem. :)

We have seven velcro birdies now and they don't like taking turns, but they don't all get along with each other. Wouldn't that be something?

I have three clutch mates who are just the sweetest trio and they fly right out of their cage now onto my shoulder when I feed or come to say Hello. Then they don't want to go back in again and try to scamper away across the top of their cage if I try to get them to voluntarily go in the door.

I will have trouble parting with them when I find new forever homes for them. They are such lovie lovies!

Bubblelady
10-16-2008, 12:00 PM
We have seven velcro birdies now

Then they don't want to go back in again and try to scamper away across the top of their cage

I will have trouble parting with them when I find new forever homes for them. They are such lovie lovies!

Seven Velcro birdies? Lucky you!

My Bo used to get inside my shirt and "scamper away" around my back & hang on to the middle of my bra when he didn't want to go back to his cage. I had to disrobe more than once so I could go to work :rofl:

Maybe you could send them to thebubbleking. Sounds like he needs some Velcro birdies. With only 6 birdies, surely he needs at least one more? :rotfl

Chickobee
10-17-2008, 11:51 AM
I did think bubbleking should have had a couple of my little ones too because he liked their colors so much! :-) The more the merrier, right?

I brought some of my babies with me to work this week because I was delivering them to new owners. Now there are a couple of people who sneaked a peek and want one too. They were sooooooooooo good, and stayed quiet under my desk. There were only a couple quiet peeps and I'm sure no one would have suspected there was a bird(s) in here! :-) (It was just too cold to leave them in the car until their new owners arrived to get them.)

I have now checked on them and they are all doing so great and their new owners are thrilled that they are so pretty, and so sweet!

It is such a relief to know they went to good homes!

thebubbleking
10-17-2008, 03:36 PM
I would love another blue lovie or two and mabey a macaw or sulfer crested too or a... i hope my girlfriend doesnt see this post!

Chickobee
10-17-2008, 05:05 PM
:whistle::happy::whistle::happy::rofl:
We wouldn't tell! Maybe we should just start sending some your way. If they arrived on your doorstep I know you wouldn't turn them away! :happy: