PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky gets scritches!

cp.lovebird
10-18-2008, 09:21 AM
I've had Squeaky since April 1994 and he was never very tame. He bonded to his mate Blue Meanie and not much to me! He would step up and sit on my shoulder for a bit and that was all.

This is all changing now that Squeaky's new friend Ducky is here! Yesterday the boys were out playing and they had a nice bath. Then they were drying off on my left shoulder together. I was giving Ducky some scritches and then Squeaky let me give him scritches too! :happy: For the first time in over 14 years! It was a truly amazing moment. :)

LauraO
10-18-2008, 10:39 AM
That is SO GREAT! I would be escatic as I'm sure you are. It's also a reminder of 1) youdon't have to touch or scratch a bird to have a long loving relationship with a lovie and 2) never give up hope. Old birdies can learn new tricks:).

:happy::happy:

Bubblelady
10-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Congratulations!!!! And the longer you have to wait, the sweeter the taste of success. That is so neat that Ducky can teach Squeaky the joys of skritches. Hopefully he will decide he wants LOTS of skritches, to make up for the years he went without them:happy:

michael
10-18-2008, 11:13 AM
What a special moment to finally have Squeaky realize he too can get in on a few extra scritchies. Sounds like Ducky has definitely been a wonderful inspiration. Whats really exciting is the fact that they can now enjoy each others company...............:)

thebubbleking
10-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Yay nothing like finaly erning the privlage if giveing scritches lol