PDA

View Full Version : New sound!

Buy A Paper Doll
10-23-2008, 09:36 PM
I was out of town this weekend. The critter sitter reported that Lily was ringing like a telephone.

She's right!

I heard it the other day. Hubby didn't believe me. But early this morning he walked by her cage, which was covered as she was still sleeping. He heard, "br-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-innng."

:rofl:

She is also starting to learn how to make kissy sounds.

bookworm0550
10-23-2008, 10:24 PM
AMAZING!!! You should YouTube it. I would love to see your cutie pie do that

Kiwi*
10-23-2008, 10:27 PM
oh man thats wicked!!!!!!! so cute i too would love to hear a lovie telephone

HaleBoppPeachyluv
10-24-2008, 12:29 AM
oh that's so awesome! please get a video and upload it! the most i've ever heard is my mom's lovie wolf whistle..a telephone ring is so cooool!

elijahfan
10-24-2008, 05:55 AM
i thoght i herd mine making noises but didint think lovies could lol

michael
10-24-2008, 07:53 AM
Soon you may have more telephones than you could ever wish for!............:)

wilkiecoco
10-24-2008, 08:31 AM
We need a video to confirm the adorableness of that please!!!!!!!!! :)

Although if Lily is like most lovies, you can stand around for hours waiting for her to make that sound, and the minute you turn off the camera.........:whistle:

Bubblelady
10-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I, too, didn't know lovies could imitate. But Buddy came to me doing budgie noises & soon learned a canary peep. She & the canary have daily "conversations". But I was even more surprised when the canary started doing Buddy's "come and get me!" squawk! Buddy also has one word--Baby. I'd love to hear a lovie phone, but wilkiecoco is probably right. The only time she will do it is when your recording equipment is unavailable! What wonderful little birdies!

LauraO
10-24-2008, 10:39 AM
We need a video to confirm the adorableness of that please!!!!!!!!! :) .........:whistle:

Ditto to THAT!!!!
:nyah:

butterfly1061
10-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Too cute! I agee with everyone - a video is in order :D

Chickobee
10-24-2008, 12:55 PM
This is really neat! I didn't see Linda "ring in" about her talented little one!

Buy A Paper Doll
10-24-2008, 05:20 PM
I'll try to get it on video, but it's probably going to take a while. So far I've only heard her do it a couple of times. It seems to be very random.

Bubblelady
10-24-2008, 05:23 PM
So I guess you'll just have to get out your cell phone & call your home phone--a lot! Maybe she'll "answer" the ring with her own ring???

thebubbleking
10-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Awsome mine just do the wolf whistle and the sexy woman whistle.
My old neighbours budgies was able to say "mine" in a teeny tiny voice was to cute!

Z28Taxman
10-24-2008, 06:36 PM
This is really neat! I didn't see Linda "ring in" about her talented little one!

That's because she's sitting back chuckling about having taught lilly to do it!:whistle:

bbslovie
10-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi, can't wait to see the video on this! Too funny! :rofl:

Buy A Paper Doll
10-27-2008, 07:59 PM
All right. Y'all are probably going to listen to this and say, "that doesn't sound anything like a telephone ringing."

But I'll post it anyway because she's just so darned cute.

Here you go. (http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/BuyAPaperDoll/?action=view&current=Lilyringing.flv)

Bubblelady
10-27-2008, 08:21 PM
With all the ring tones these days, you can say anything is a phone ringing :rofl: and that sure isn't a typical lovie sound. You are right, it's really cute! Sure she hasn't been hanging around a canary????

LoveBug12
10-27-2008, 08:41 PM
When I get my lovebird, I can't wait to teach him tricks!
A bird in the pet store today was talking to me and started laughing like an actual human! It was the most adorable thing ever (::rofl: .

Buy A Paper Doll
10-27-2008, 08:54 PM
When I get my lovebird, I can't wait to teach him tricks!

I wish I could take credit but it's not something I taught her. She just started doing the wierd noise for the critter sitter, while I was out of town.

Even Milo chirping to "If You're Happy And You Know It" is something that just kind of happened. I noticed one day that any time I clap my hands, he chirps. I thought, "how can I have fun with this?" So I tried singing the song, and sure enough, he chirped whenever I clapped. :)

LoveBug12
10-27-2008, 08:57 PM
I wish I could take credit but it's not something I taught her. She just started doing the wierd noise for the critter sitter, while I was out of town.

Even Milo chirping to "If You're Happy And You Know It" is something that just kind of happened. I noticed one day that any time I clap my hands, he chirps. I thought, "how can I have fun with this?" So I tried singing the song, and sure enough, he chirped whenever I clapped. :)

Awww, your birds sound like so much fun! Maybe my bird will be as smart as yours! (::happy:

HaleBoppPeachyluv
10-27-2008, 11:44 PM
I think it totally sounds like a telephone trill! I've never heard a lovie make that noise...that's great!

wilkiecoco
10-28-2008, 01:35 PM
that is absolutely adorable!!!! :) what a cutie-pie!!! :)