PDA

View Full Version : Weekend chat and a related topic

Keltoth
07-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Hiya! I just thought I'd check and see if we are doing the weekend chat thing tonight. My oldest son Ken will be here, so if we are I intend on getting him involved.

On the subject of weekend chat, I have a proposal. If we want to make the weekend chat thing a common event, I am willing to set up a server using "TeamSpeak" software for communication, so that we do not have to depend on EZBoard for our chat channel. TeamSpeak is a software package that allows both typed chatting like we are used to at EZBoard, and also real voice communication over your computer, using a microphone and speakers.

The free service allows 8 people at once (I believe - it might be a few more than 8 ), and if we get enough participation, I would have no problem buying a licensed version so that we can have as many people on at once as we would like. The client-side software is fairly easy to set up and is free for use; the only cost associated with TeamSpeak is the server-side software and only if you want to have more than 8 people on at once.

Good idea? Bad idea? Please let me know if we have any interest in the concept; if we do, I can get things set up for next weekend. In the meantime, I'm up for chat this weekend if anyone else is.

Later -

Eric

linda040899
07-30-2005, 10:42 AM
ERic,
You don't want to go near EZboard right now. They are experiencing trojan horse/virus problems.

I also installed a chat room with software that Vizaweb has available in my control panel. It's out there on my hosted site but not linked to anything. This is a java program that allows any number of users and even more than one chat room. I'll post the link if anyone wants to try it this evening. I haven't had much time to experiment with it but the price is right...no cost to us. :)

Keltoth
07-30-2005, 10:45 AM
That sounds good; I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. :)

Sparkette65
07-30-2005, 11:32 AM
IM IN! I love chatting with everyone! We always seem to have a good time!
:happy:
what time will the chat be and will it be tonight or tomorrow night?
looking forward to it!!
Lori

linda040899
07-30-2005, 02:04 PM
http://lovebirdsplus.com/chat/phpMyChat.php3

This is the link to the chat room I set up on the server. It's not linked to anything yet but let me know what you all think. This one is a bit different than the one on EZboard so take a couple of minutes to read the tutorial that goes with it. It's on the page where you log in.

Time??? That's up to all of you.......

LauraO
07-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Well the chat area works good. Lori and I were just in there and had no problems. see everyone there.

Sparkette65
07-30-2005, 02:50 PM
cool it works.....same time as last week? (that would be 8pm eastern for me)
I will check back in a bit to see if this is alright for everyone else.....
will be cool to chat tonight. till later then...take care,
Lori :happy:

Mummieeva
07-30-2005, 02:53 PM
I will try and make it too.

Steph

Janie
07-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Linda, it worked for me but I got there late and I had something important to share! :D

Sparkette65
07-30-2005, 07:50 PM
in in the chat now if anyone is trying again..... :(
Lori

sdgilley
07-30-2005, 10:44 PM
I got there pretty late, but could see some IM that had gone on, so I see it works! cool! 8)
Gotta round up bad bad bad kids running free with the wind!
G'nite, catch ya'll around next time!

zlatushka
07-30-2005, 11:34 PM
well.... all of our stuff (furniture etc etc ) got here from Virginia finally today :) so I am really late for all of this.... but I'm there now, and will be till I"m done reading the board, so if anyone is up for some chatting, come on by!

rachel