PDA

View Full Version : He's back to his old Bubbin self

LauraO
07-30-2005, 11:44 AM
Well for those of you who have been around awhile you know my 2 1/2 year old Orange Face lovie Won Ton is the highlight of my life even if I'm third on his list behind Babygirl and my husband's head :rolleyes: . Well you haven't heard much about him since his tragic wing clip where I accidentally let my husband cut everyone of his flight feathers :x. This clip devastated Won Ton and he spent the last four or five months shaking in fear and not doing much of anything aside from staying close to his cage and Babygirl. Well HE'S BACK!!!! He's grown a full set of flight feathers and is back to his old self terrorizing the other lovies, having a grand old time on my husband's head and gettin' down with his Babygirl :eek:. Normally, we don't have fully flighted birds outside of Zim and Squeak, but Won Ton's whole personality is based on his wings and while he may get a partial clip, I will NOT ever allow a full wing clip again.

shylevon
07-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Whooo Hooooo Hooooo Won Ton.

Wingies are the greatest thing on Earth, ain't they??

Glad ta see ya got yer pilots license back.

bellarains
07-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Weeeeeee,

It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it IS a bird, It's WON TON!!!!!!

Glad you got your wingies back dude 8)

Janie
07-30-2005, 08:06 PM
Laura, I'd forgotten about Won Ton's back clip till this reminder. I am DELIGHTED to hear that he's full of pi$$ and vinegar again! WOOHOO for him! :D

BarbieH
07-31-2005, 12:02 PM
:lol I just have to chuckle. The thought of a flying Won Ton tickles me. :lol

LauraO
07-31-2005, 12:19 PM
You think Won Ton flying is a funny, he's trying to shred and tuck paper this morning. Now that's a hilarious site....but sweet because he's trying to help his Babygirl :D

butterfly1061
07-31-2005, 12:24 PM
Amazing how a few new feathers gives them a whole new leash on life. I can't bear to clip Molly's flights again. She has 4 or 5 trimmed and can still fly clear across the house :omg:

LauraO
07-31-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm sure Molly appreciates the freedom and the added status over the two new lovies. It's weird because I have some birds who could care less if they are flighted or not but others it just devestates.

Buy A Paper Doll
07-31-2005, 03:59 PM
My two are flighted no matter how many flight feathers are clipped.

LauraO
07-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Jennifer: Flighted by pure will. Sounds like a lovebird thing to me
:lol :lol

Z28Taxman
07-31-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm sure Molly appreciates the freedom and the added status over the two new lovies. It's weird because I have some birds who could care less if they are flighted or not but others it just devestates.

I could probably clip Ditto's wings and he wouldn't notice it for a week or more. He would rather climb than fly anywhere even though he's been fully flighted for almost a year now. 8)

Unless I walk away from him, then it's chase daddy time until he catches me.