PDA

View Full Version : Video of the agression I saw today

lemonypickett
11-02-2008, 05:16 PM
I shouldn't complain, this was the worst of it today. They were good otherwise.

Looking for some insight on what kind of birdie body language we are looking at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzcalU41sZc

Who might the aggressor be (if any)?

NickyBeth
11-02-2008, 05:26 PM
While I don't have two birds, I do have two kids. It looks to me more like Eddie wants to "play" with Marley and Marley is just being overprotective of his chest area as he's been burned by his cagemates before.

I think if you give it time, they will come around and be best buddies. I know there are days when my two kids get on each other's last nerves....but in the end they hug and make up. That's what I think Eddie is trying to do with Marley....be a good big brother and make up with him!

linda040899
11-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't really see any aggression that would concern me. I see Marley preening, Eddie attempting to help and Marley kind of pushing Eddie away. Marley is busy and just didn't want to be bothered at that moment.

Jally
11-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Yes, I agree with everyone else. Eddie wants to be friends and Marley keeps pushing him away. I think Marley has some minor trust issues and that is to be expected. With time, I bet they become best buds!

michael
11-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Looks like their coming along very well!........:).........It appears to me that Eddies being very cautious about his advances towards Marley. Thank gosh that at least now Marley no longer has two aggressive lovies after him. Hopefully, as time goes by Marley will feel more comfortable realizing Eddie means no harm and may even let him help preen. Best wishes for both of them.

LauraO
11-02-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't really see any aggression that would concern me. I see Marley preening, Eddie attempting to help and Marley kind of pushing Eddie away. Marley is busy and just didn't want to be bothered at that moment.

This was my first thought. There doesn't seem to be any aggressive, but some getting to know one another and communicating. Marley had no intention to be mean to Eddie, and didn't even seem to mind Eddie sitting so close to him. Eddie also seems really interested in Eddie and he looked like he just wanted to get closer. I think things are going along pretty well and they look like they will be friends at some point.

:):)

lemonypickett
11-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Hooray!!!! Thanks guys.

Glad they are behaving normally.

Pips mom
11-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Looks to me like Eddie is trying to be friends, but Marley is busy and just doesn't want to be bothered. I too, think that they will end up being good friends. Poor Marley just needs some time, maybe to see that Eddie means him no harm.

lemonypickett
11-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Usually it's Eddie making the little ugly face, but today Marley showed him he can stand up for himself.

I went up to the preschool that I rescued Marley from today (they were closed, so I couldn't talk to the old owners) and noticed that the remaining "pair" of birds is now down to 1 bird.

I will have to check in there tomorrow and see what happened. If they think they are getting Marley back if the other one died, they are sorely mistaken.

momo
11-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Watching the video.. I had this thought that maybe Marley was Eddie's child... and marley was just trying to be independent but you know how parents are.. they always step in to do things for you (especially when you're hurt.. or somethings wrong.. such as marley's sensitive area).. until you chuck a sad.. and it was just Marley standing up for himself and going.. no mum.. i can clean myself on my own.. im a big boy now..

but then I realised they werent family lol.

wilkiecoco
11-03-2008, 08:23 AM
they look great together. even though marley was letting eddie know he was busy, it wasn't done in an aggressive manner. and eddie's body language seemed very open to being friends. i think they are off to a great start. :)

cp.lovebird
11-03-2008, 08:35 AM
I agree with everyone else. I think Eddie is curious and wants to get to know Marley and Marley was busy and not quite ready to play with Eddie yet. It doesn't look aggressive to me. I think they will probably become buddies as Marley gets settled in and learns to trust both you and Eddie.

lemonypickett
11-03-2008, 08:55 AM
I hope so!

Triock
11-03-2008, 11:09 AM
its already been said, Eddie wants to get close, Marley doesnt, normal behaviour, you should see Will & Grace sometimes and they are a pair rofl

lemonypickett
11-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Probably just like us humans. We all get cranky or don't want to be bothered on occassion.

Triock
11-03-2008, 01:03 PM
yeah Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :rofl: