PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait any longer....

LoveBug12
11-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I can't wait to get my bird! I hope he is weaned soon! I still need to get the cage, toys and everything but I just want my little birdy :very_sad: . He/She is so cute! I can't wait to grab the camera and take tons of pictures! I'm thinking about getting proffesional christmas photo's taken. My dad has a very nice professional camera ;). I can't sleep at night, I'm constantly looking on the internet about lovebirds and I keep wanting to go back and see him but I think I'll stop bugging the lady ;). Not trying to sound strange or anything, But i think I already love my bird! ha ha :rofl:

dieflying
11-03-2008, 01:04 PM
I know what you mean. I decided to get a lovebird last may and found a breeder in June who said he might have chicks available in October. Well the one I was going to get ended up passing away - such a sad story. I'm still pretty heart broken about it, but he said he had another one I might have, and we're waiting to make sure that the first little guy didn't have something contagious. I'm being patient as best I can, because I know that a chick passing is hard on the breeders, too.

Can't wait to see pics from you!

LoveBug12
11-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Awwww! I'm sorry =[
That reminds me of the time we where bringing a kitten home and it started getting sick in the car so we had to drive it back and get a refund. It was so cute but It was also very sad :(. I just can't wait to get Noah! I'm really excited

dieflying
11-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Aw, poor kitty!

The second kitten we got went into a coma a week after we adopted him from the humane society. We rushed him to the vet and they ran all kinds of tests on him, and thought he was going to die, but he pulled through and he's the best cat you could ever have now.

lemonypickett
11-03-2008, 01:20 PM
I know what you are feeling.

I am anxious myself right now because Eddie and Marley and I have been staying with the bf while the house I bought is being renovated. It has been since August. My bf is kind enough to let Eddie and I live there, then was nice enough to let me get Marley and keep him there too. So, I have them in smaller cages than they would normally be living in because I know the regular ones are really quite unreasonably large for their size. These cages (from the recent videos) will ultimately end up being their sleep cages. Here is a pic of Eddie in the cage (try and find him) http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/lktistes/Eddie/cagecloseup.jpg

So I am itching to get them into their regular cages, which are HUGE!

I know it doesn't sound the same as waiting for a companion, but it is really making me crazy.

Plus .... once I move in, I will have room for the big bird I have been dreaming about. (Once Marley has settled) I am thinking a caique, even though I would love a big talker.

dieflying
11-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh, I would LOVE a caique! Unfortunately I'm just not living in a place for one of those just yet. Can't do much better than a small parrot like lovies or parakeets. I hear caiques are great, though, if you get them from the right places.

bookworm0550
11-03-2008, 04:11 PM
lovebug, i'm really excited for you. That's how I felt when I was going to get Joey. The week seemed so long.