PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's signifigant other have this paranoia?

lemonypickett
11-03-2008, 01:54 PM
My Boyfriend told me last night that he cooked with the George Foreman grill, and thought that maybe that was classified as teflon (by the way, is it?) and he said he realized after that he may have killed the birds. Luckily, they were fine.

I said, "What would you do if you killed them?" He said "Run away".

Then he said "Well, maybe I would run away and return with that big blue bird you want." He was refering to a Hyacinth Macaw.

Anyone have any fake lovebird bodies I can use? ha ha :rofl:

Teflon pan $18

Sneakers to run away in $75

Instilling fear in your signifigant other that if he causes your lovies death they need to run away...... priceless.

me silly :rotfl

linda040899
11-03-2008, 02:00 PM
My Boyfriend told me last night that he cooked with the George Foreman grill, and thought that maybe that was classified as teflon (by the way, is it?)
As a matter of fact, it is classified to contain non-stick surfaces, which is why I don't own one! I read that when they first came out. I don't know if they've changed them. If not, yes, he was lucky.

dieflying
11-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh great, the george forman is my favorite cooker. :(

Triock
11-03-2008, 02:25 PM
so does this mean that ou cant use one in the house at all, even if the birds are in another room and kitchen window is open

Mummieeva
11-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Yes, they are covered in Teflon and so are the electric griddles and many similar items. When I have to use them I block off the room birds are in(or move cage to back of house) and even cover the air vents. Then I open all windows in the kitchen and doors too. Since such a hassle I rarely use them when birds are in the house.

Steph

michael
11-03-2008, 06:37 PM
I keep absolutely NO non-stick cooking or heating items around for the following reason. Birds die an extremely painful and agonizing death!

Here's a link that explains how wide spread "polytetraflouethylene" non-stick coatings really are. Keep in mind, the list of products they provide is only a partial list of products that use teflon. http://theaviary.com/teflon.shtml

momo
11-03-2008, 06:54 PM
LOL!!...
I think all girlfriends have to instill fear in their significant others ;)...
I let mine baby sit elmo once while I was away somewhere for a few hours.. and my bf FORGOT elmo was out of his cage.. lucky he just stayed in his play pen the whole time.. but.. oh he got a ear bashing after that..

bookworm0550
11-03-2008, 08:13 PM
sad, i love my forman though I rarely use it, but it's so good for when i want a burger :( mmm...i'm hungry now.

HaleBoppPeachyluv
11-03-2008, 08:49 PM
We don't have a foreman, but DH likes to fry stuff, and that involves high temps and smoky kitchen sometimes. All the windows get opened & fans on high. sunnybird is often brought into another room for this.