PDA

View Full Version : Strange behavior

Pop23669
11-05-2008, 05:48 AM
Why? As I approach the cage our bird will turn her back to me, raise her tail and open her wings. What does this mean? As I reach into her cage she will let me pet and rub her but still keeps her wings open.

We are being very patient with her, but would like to have more interaction with her. help.

linda040899
11-05-2008, 05:55 AM
:) :) :) :)
Your lovebird is a female and she's soliciting. This is one of the few behaviors that I, personally, have never seen a male do. For lack of a mate, many birds will form very strong bonds with their human companions.

Basically, she likes you........a LOT! You may want to restrict your petting/rubbing to just her head area.

Pop23669
11-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks for your information. Our bird is 11 years old and we don't know what type of training she had. Our Grandkids got her for us from a rescue center. So we are being very patient. We will continue to ask question and learn..thanks again.

Bubblelady
11-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Our bird is 11 years old and we don't know what type of training she had.

Doesn't take any training to fall in love :rofl: Sounds like your lovie has adjusted to her new home--and family--quite nicely :happy: Well done!

thebubbleking
11-05-2008, 05:09 PM
That is one of the good things about lovie hens is thats how they go about soliciting a mate, where as males (read some of the threads) do thier soliciting by throwing up on you or trying to feed you thier throw up or masterbateing on various parts of your body lol.

HaleBoppPeachyluv
11-05-2008, 11:29 PM
i dunno... i've seen my males spread their wings & go butt up... not quite as butt up as my mom's hen, but yes on the spread wings, especially when "in the mood" and of course, then i dump them on their humpy toy & they go to town.

Pop23669
11-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks to all for your assistance. We are starting to have some trust with Princes. although she does bite the wife more then me. photos are a the following: http://community.webshots.com/album/568686621dYjJui

michael
11-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Oh my....:)....Princess is one pretty little lady!....Considering her age, she appears to be very active too :blush:.