PDA

View Full Version : do you think i should reply to this ad

elijahfan
11-07-2008, 04:27 PM
by the sounds of things these birds might need a breeder to take them on, i was considering sending and email, do you think i would cope ? i have room for another cage but not babies, would they be hard to look after if these eggs turned out to be fertile, i am on the fence with this one, as the only way for me to learn is by doing, but if i had to pull one of the chicks and hand reader i wouldn't know where to start, i have now talked myself out of it lol

if anyone on here thinks they can help i think this lady would appreciate it,

lemonypickett
11-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I don't know much about your age, or situation but..... I recently had an experience that could have cost me the life of my single, 1st love of my life lovie.

Sometimes, you try to do a good deed that ends up making your own life so difficult other things suffer.

Unless you have the luxury of extra time and a lot of money, the best thing may be be to let someone else who may be in a better position do it.

I say this with no knowledge of what eggs you are referring to, or the woman's situation.

My gut is just telling me you should steer clear of handrearing baby lovies at this point in time.

You asked... so I gave my two cents ;)

elijahfan
11-07-2008, 04:40 PM
thank you, i think i was leaning towards that answer, problem with me is i just want to help lol,
i am 23 a single mum i live with my mum, i have 2 budgie and cockatiel and mrs lovett, i think at this time it would be better to leave it to someone else,

i for got to add the link
http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1031555317/5b646c1f.html

lemonypickett
11-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Just read the ad.

My answer stays the same.

We parrot owners often have "potato chip syndrome" where there is never enough. I constantly search for parrots that I may like, but am usually able to "just say no".

When the right thing comes along, I think that you will not question it. Kind of like men. ;)

Bubblelady
11-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Just read the ad.

When the right thing comes along, I think that you will not question it. Kind of like men. ;)

I have had excellent results from the "You'll not question it" concept--when it comes to birds :). I am far less skilled when applying this concept to men, however :rofl:

lemonypickett
11-08-2008, 12:39 PM
lol Bubblelady :)

Buy A Paper Doll
11-08-2008, 06:40 PM
We parrot owners often have "potato chip syndrome" where there is never enough. I constantly search for parrots that I may like, but am usually able to "just say no".

This is why I don't look. I might not say 'no' one day. :whistle:

elijahfan
11-09-2008, 02:57 PM
i am always looking i can say no and i do most of the time, but this one made me stop i want to help but wanted to know what i might be getting myself in for, all tho i suppose the fact i have had to ask for help says a big NO lol