PDA

View Full Version : My Sun Conure has a pimple on his nose is he ok?

Kefka
11-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Do parrots get pimples too? I noticed a little pimple in the front of his nostril. It's not on the nostril itself but on the skin that covers his beak area. Is this anything to worry about or is Sabin just going through puberty :rotfl

lemonypickett
11-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Birds do not get acne, so that is not it.

Someone else will probably join in here, but I think that you may want to get him checked by a vet to be safe.

cprcheetah
11-23-2008, 12:11 AM
It certainly doesn't sound normal. I would recommend a vet visit.

Kefka
11-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Birds do not get acne, so that is not it.

Someone else will probably join in here, but I think that you may want to get him checked by a vet to be safe.

It's weird. It's very small and on the skin near his beak. It is about as small as you can get. It's a little bit red and a very tiny white dot in the middle like a very small whitehead.

My lovebird is very mean to my sun conure and sometimes accidently flies to his cage. Today a small fight broke out between the two when my lovebird jumped to my conures cage. I dont know is maybe my lovebird could of possibly scratched my conures face. My sun conure doesn't appear to show any signs of being sick, no sniffles, no liquids, hes his normal perky self eating and drinking fine. If this is just a scratch will it heal and will be he fine?

I am thinking maybe my lovebirds tip of his beak landed in that spot on my sun conure. My lovebird has a needle for a beak tip when he gets excited and bites accidently he puts a dot in my finger like a needle.

Also it is in an area where he gets like small nose hairs. These are not feathers but small fine hairs that you cant see unless you look closely around the nose area. Could it be an ingrown hair?

lemonypickett
11-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Could be that. I would watch for any change in the area.

linda040899
11-23-2008, 02:52 AM
Do you have any photos you can share with us so that we can see what you area seeing?

This is not normal and it really needs to be checked out by your avian vet. It could be nothing or it might be something that needs treatment. Hard to say.