PDA

View Full Version : Oh, lord, here we go

Buy A Paper Doll
11-25-2008, 04:15 PM
My husband just told me that he caught Milo and Lily "in the act" this afternoon while I was out running errands. Yes, folks, they were doing the dirty birdy ... playing "airplane" ... doing the swishy-swishy mambo ... playing "avian vet."

You know, I really really hoped that they would learn to get along and love each other. But not THIS well! Not yet! She's only 6 months old, for crying out loud!!!

:omg: :x :omg: :x :omg: :x :omg: :x :omg: :x

I'm going to go sit in the corner and freak out now.

linda040899
11-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh no! In the cage she came from are Cleo, her two Creamino sisters and one male..... I had to re-arrange that cage rather quickly to remove the Happy Hut when Cleo started shredding paper and taking it into the hut! She's a bit older than Lily but not that much older!!!

Hhmmmm. Time to have a serious talk with Milo!

Buy A Paper Doll
11-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Time to have a serious talk with Milo!

Yeah. Unfortunately hubby already had a talk with Milo. It was something of a pep talk, I believe. :roll: In Milo's defense, we have been telling him that he needs to be nicer to her. LOL

michael
11-25-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't know Jennifer.......:roll:......you might want to have a talk with Lily too. From your last post about certain toe bite activities, I understand she's been bending over an awful lot.................>o

Buy A Paper Doll
11-25-2008, 05:37 PM
I don't know Jennifer.......:roll:......you might want to have a talk with Lily too. From your last post about certain toe bite activities, I understand she's been bending over an awful lot.................>o

EL-OH-EL!!!!!

Michael you is baaaaaaaad!!! :rofl:

thebubbleking
11-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Hahahah hey when a hen is that pretty who could resist?

Buy A Paper Doll
11-28-2008, 10:11 AM
OK. It seems that it wasn't a one-time thing. There's been more swishy-swishy action again this morning. :omg:

She's six months old. Should I separate them?

lemonypickett
11-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Milo ... you stud!!

He is quite handsome. Can't blame her.

Bet they would make pretty babies.

Can a young hen like that pass eggs, or is that a problem?

Buy A Paper Doll
11-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Can a young hen like that pass eggs, or is that a problem?

It's a problem. There are exceptions, but generally speaking, lovebirds should not lay eggs until they're at least a year old.

I went back and looked at old posts; Melody was, uh, *active* at this age as well. Her first egg came when she was a year old to the day.

I'm hoping I can keep Miss Lily occupied longer. I don't want her laying eggs until she's 30 and married and has her masters degree. :whistle:

linda040899
11-28-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't want her laying eggs until she's 30 and married and has her masters degree. http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/community/../whistle.gif

Next week??????? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

wilkiecoco
11-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I don't want her laying eggs until she's 30 and married and has her masters degree. :whistle:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

you go girl!!!! I'm all for women's rights, but miss lily seems to have different, slightly 50's ideas - you know- please the man, women should be bare foot and eggnant!! :whistle: :whistle:

Buy A Paper Doll
11-29-2008, 02:35 PM
LOL @ "barefoot and eggnant" :rofl: