PDA

View Full Version : Lovebird

joshbirdlover
11-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Hello I am not sure if I am posting in the right area and I am sorry if I am but I have a question I have 3 blue fischer diluted lovebirds (at least I think they are) but I have the pair in one cage and the other bird in the other I was thinking about getting a another lovebird for the one by himself. Can my lovebird get along with a different type of lovebird then his type?

momo
11-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Introducing a new lovie can be hit and miss.. if they get along thats fantastic.. but if you are wanting to get another.. be prepared they may not get along.. you will have to slowly introduce them.. and the new one will need to have its own cage for a while.. you can't just put the new one in the cage.. although some rare cases its ok.. but we all know how aggressive lovies can be loL!

joshbirdlover
11-26-2008, 12:14 AM
I am just wondering for my lovebird to be happy I want to know if it would be better to leave him by himself or get another lovebird?

momo
11-26-2008, 05:28 AM
Is his cage right next to your other lovies cages? If not, you can put them side by side so they can still talk to each other...

Does your lovie have lots of toys? get out of cage time (if he's tame).. If he gets human time.. I would say there is really no need to get another lovie. Though even if he is not tame there is still really no health reason to get another lovie.. How does he get along with the other lovies if he gets out of cage time?

The old wives tail is lovies need to be in pairs but its not the truth.. if you sit beside your lovies cage (if he isnt tame, or even when he is).. you are spending time with him.. you can read to him.. etc..etc..

joshbirdlover
11-26-2008, 12:34 PM
well like my other thread about the 3 lovebirds in one cage I actually haven't seperated them yet I was asking for when I do seperate them they are only like 2 months old but I do have a cage for them I will be seperating them this weak the cage is a divider cage so he will be right next to the pair of lovebirds they are all tame and yes he does get out of cage time so you don't think he will need a lovebird in his cage?

thebubbleking
11-26-2008, 03:27 PM
No so long as he is near the others and can talk and see them etc thats fine just let them have outside supervised play time together and thats good:)

joshbirdlover
11-26-2008, 04:29 PM
another question I need a play gym for my lovebirds so that they can get out of there cage and play does anybody have any ideas I am looking for a price lower then 50$

momo
11-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Joshbirdlover where abouts are you? I assume america? sometimes you can get them on line..
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=19230

otherwise.. if you're in Western Australia... Bird World have some under $50..

but Internet is your best shot.

bookworm0550
11-26-2008, 06:45 PM
yeah i think if they are right next to one another and all, you don't have to get another lovie. save your money for a nice playpen :)

joshbirdlover
11-26-2008, 08:04 PM
I am located in San Diego California so is there a good play gym the link you gave is that in America also how much is shipping?

momo
11-27-2008, 12:13 AM
to be honest your best bet is just to google bird play pen.. words like that.. and see what you get :)

the dr smith link is an american website. :)