PDA

View Full Version : birdie insomnia

bookworm0550
12-01-2008, 12:39 AM
does anyone's lovies have insomnia? lately joey has been up late. I'd hear him climbing his cage and sitting on his swing. Sometimes I open up the cage cover to see him just hanging out on his swing like it's nothing. He doesn't sleep in his happy hut anymore except when he's taking a nap during the day and chirps himself to sleep. I don't know what to do cuz most mornings I have to be up early and hate waking him up knowing he's up til 1 or so. is birdie insomnia normal? I just don't get it. This has just started happening this week.

Gill
12-01-2008, 04:30 AM
I have noticed this lately with my two, theyre still up peeping at 11pm sometimes!! The other night they were peeping every other hour so often right through the night and were being very loud at 5:45am the other morning, even though it is still very dark in the room! When they do go to sleep early and are settled all it takes is for them to hear my voice and theyre off again! I was going to put up a thread about this too but this morning they didnt make a sound till i went in and uncovered them. I think things outside wake them maybe?

dieflying
12-01-2008, 12:14 PM
My husband and I work grave so our bird is usually in the dark by 3 or 4 pm. We keep her in our room though, and only cover the cage in the back and sides. We like to watch movies when we go to sleep, so she gets to sit and watch TV, and it's still pretty light until at least 6 or 7 pm. I can hear her moving around and making small chirpy noises.

Then while we are at work she gets all covered up and sleeps (or so I assume). And when we get home she gets uncovered and out of cage time. It seems to work all right for her.

thebubbleking
12-01-2008, 04:11 PM
You know now that you mention it my lovies sleep at different times they are in thier cage and the lights go off at a certain time but they are peepin and climbing around all times of the day and night....i see them take naps during the day and they dont seem tired or have any differance in attitude so i just let um do thier thing, plus i figure it takes all day and half the night to plot thier world domination lol

bookworm0550
12-01-2008, 06:55 PM
ok, good. joey sleeps on his swing now...or he hangs on to it w/ one leg and the cage bar with the other. I don't know how he finds that comfortable...silly bird