PDA

View Full Version : can lovebirds mimic other birds an sounds ?...

elijahfan
12-02-2008, 03:13 AM
mine does, he copies the cockatiel i swear i herd him say jojo (something jojo is also learning to say) he make noises like him to, not solid noises like a wolf whistle but sounds, i think he is a bit confused lol

linda040899
12-02-2008, 03:26 AM
Yes, lovebirds are capable of mimicking sounds and having small vocabularies. They are not known for the capability, but rather for their energy and antics! :)

momo
12-02-2008, 05:24 AM
oh def.. we have lorikeets that stay around my apartment.. and elmo makes the exact same sound as they do.. if I am outside I can't tell if its elmo or if its the other birds!!

Jally
12-02-2008, 06:12 AM
When Peanut calls the budgies, he sounds exactly like them. It is hard to tell if it is the budgies making that noise or Peanut.

Buy A Paper Doll
12-02-2008, 06:14 AM
Yep.

Milo does the "chip chip chip" of a cardinal.

My first hen Melody worked for years to develop "peekaboo" and kissy noises.

Lily is only 6 months old but she is already trying to make kissy sounds and has been trying to mimic a cell phone ringing: "Br-r-r-r-r-r-r-r br-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r"

BarbieH
12-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Gracie talks to the microwave in beeps. They all get excited when they hear R2D2 on the TV. They all seem to know how to make a kissy noise. But mostly I imitate their sounds and calls. :blush:

wilkiecoco
12-02-2008, 04:00 PM
But mostly I imitate their sounds and calls. :blush:

as it should be when you are a good lovie slave. :whistle::whistle: when one needs to communicate with their masters (our lovies) it is important to speak in their dialect. :rofl::rofl:

kiwi has perfected the kissy sound, and that's about it. i did indeed try to teach him "pretty bird" , walking around incessantly saying it with a welcoming, yet, according to my family, a slightly irritating high pitched voice. i have given up!!!! :blush:

Z28Taxman
12-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Ditto speaks perfect house sparrow. One day he was on the screened porch in his little cage talking to them and I swear they all came over to the door to talk back.

He will attempt songbird songs but when they say lovebirds can't sing they're not kidding. It sounded more like someone was beating a robin with a bull whip! :omg:

He's also perfected a smoke alarm with a low battery.

And of course he blows kisses even without someone doing it to him first.

Kiwi*
12-02-2008, 09:34 PM
i dont get no mimics yet although it did sound like kiwi was trying to mimic the nose the guns on my bf ps3 game he was playing the other night.

elijahfan
12-03-2008, 04:35 AM
aww bless them sounds like they are a bag of tricks lol,becuase when jojo says jojo it just sounds likealazer gun pewopeow kinda noise its easier for him,my tile swears only becuase i do lol but i'm glad mrs lovett doesnt

thebubbleking
12-03-2008, 02:30 PM
My lovies do whistles several kinds but no actual words, my tiel copies all my birds noises and particulary thier fighting noises nothing like a tiel getting the whole flock to fighting and then chuckleing at them at midnight!

Eliza
12-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Here's a sneezing lovie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnnWfUxikqk

And here are two examples of talking lovebirds that I found today on YouTube. There are loads more but these are pretty cute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CymfPfQhdNM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDmCIr_aWNQ

elijahfan
01-03-2009, 04:35 PM
thanks :D my tiel says jojo i am sure he says it too, he is my little darling so much fun and learning off tiel makes him more cute lol