PDA

View Full Version : Roxy bird not keen on our new clock

Al and Roxy
12-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Hello All-
We got a new clock and Roxy is having a fit! We put it up yesterday. Roxy was there to see it placed on the wall and did not seen to care all that much. The clock was not running last night until after Roxy's bed time . It ticks and chimes (softly)on the hour. This morning Roxy is having none of it! Her cage is far enough away from it, I guess, she is acting "normal" while in it.On the other hand while out and on her gyms near the clock, it is clear she is not keen on the it! She's putting on a good show for the clock- flapping her wings , running towards the clock and giving it the full blast chirp and not taking her eyes of it or giving an inch!>: What to do?:confused::confused: Moving the clock is not an option , my stamp like apartment prevents it from being out of earshot or sight. Alida

linda040899
12-04-2008, 03:20 PM
If Roxy's wings are clipped and she can't get to the new clock, have you thought about introducing it to her and her to it? Lovebirds notice everything and she could be sounding an alarm to let everyone know there's something new around and she's not sure if it should be considered dangerous or not!

The other possibility is that she considers the soft chiming as a contact call and she's talking back to the new clock. Could be a little bit of both! :rofl:

Go, Roxy!

5bird7
12-04-2008, 05:35 PM
I would suggest turning off the chimes if possible. She's much more apt to get used to the steady tick of the hands.

Al and Roxy
12-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I agree that she is trying to call to the clock when it chimes!lol! She is sooo funny!I have approached the clock with her several times now and she is still very boisterous around it. Moving pendulum + bells + ticking = one cheesed off Roxy! I think she will get used to it eventually as she will play without much ado about the clock for several minutes then the rage for a bit. She doesn't seem too frightened , maybe she figures she'll be ok with the clock as long as it stays on the wall and all her antics will keep it there! Alida

michael
12-04-2008, 08:36 PM
You know, I bet if we hide the batteries, Roxy and Goofy would get along just fine! http://www.flickr.com/photos/ourgoofy/2316888073/ .........:)

Al and Roxy
12-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Too cute! I have taken pictures of Roxy checking the clock out but still can't seem to figure out my new mac! arggg!!!!My hubby is out of town til late next week so I will wait for a tutorial from him.I can't even find where my picture card fits in the blinkin' contraption!:very_sad:

michael
12-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Hmmmmm......:rolleyes:.....I wonder what a cookoo clock would do?........Cookoo....peep-peep....cookoo....peep-peep....cookoo....peep-peep....cookoo....peep-peep....cookoo....peep-peep........:D

Al and Roxy
12-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Roxy now seems to tolerate the clock quite well. She seems that she becomes alert 30 seconds or so before it chimes! She's ready for it. No clock is gonna surprise her!
She has had a great week and has been a lot less hormonal. By that I mean I can actually see her face instead of her rear if she's in her cage. Phew. I have my sweet gal back!!!! She is once again wanting to fall a sleep on my chest , wanting scritches all over and the best of all flopping her head over and exposing her neck and under her beak so I can get there too. The first time she flopped her head over my thumb in such a relaxed trusting manner it made me cry. The under side of a her beak is a site to behold, I cry every time. I love her no matter how she acts but I want to see her happy - not frustrated. It has taken me over three months and back to square one many times. I have to admit I was getting used to seeing her cute little bum all the time.

michael
12-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Well, just in case things take a slight turn, at least Roxy's bums alot prettier than a few others we know of...:rolleyes:...Scritchies and beak rubs for Roxy!...........:)