PDA

View Full Version : A new discovery!!!

Pips mom
12-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I can't believe it......today for the first time, Pip actually got IN his happy hut and seemed to enjoy having it there! I put this happy hut in his cage over a year ago and he never paid it any attention. Once in a great while he would climb over it on top of it, but he was never interested. I just love seeing little birds all cozy in their huts.....it's so adorable! I guess Pip finally realized this was a cozy little thing to go inside of! I didn't get a pic, but I will next time he is in it. His happy hut is in his cage, which may explain why it took him so long because he doesn't usually spend much time in there. He was spending a little more time in cage due to the new dog and also that he was driving me nuts harassing Ivy, so maybe he decided that he should make the best of what he's got in his cage!

bookworm0550
12-05-2008, 07:10 PM
wow, really? a year? Aren't they cute when they're in those things? All cozy and snuggly. take pictures.

thebubbleking
12-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Just watch daily for wear and tear and loose threads etc.
Boo loooooves her happy hut and sunshine likes it to (when boo lets him in).
I get paranoid about them getting cold when i am asleep so i got them the hut lol

maya_exquisite
12-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I love Happy Huts!! I've only been able to find them in a select couple pet stores and they always run out quick, so the last time I found them I bought extras!! Hehe. Mika and Kano love, love, love theirs. I can't wait to see a pic!!

Anneka
12-05-2008, 08:52 PM
:happy: Great news!
Sometimes when I hear bird owners talking about their birds not wanting to try their huts, I think of a MRI tube (the older type, not open) and how uncomfortable I felt. I went through several Hail Mary's just to survive that! :blush: and I don't think I am claustrophobic.

Some birds must feel very uncomfortable in a hut, maybe some are claustrophobic and those will never like a hut; they will be afraid to even try it.

cprcheetah
12-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Aww...that's great! My birds LOVE their happy hut, it's their favorite place!

wilkiecoco
12-06-2008, 10:36 AM
that gives me hope. i put a happy hut in for kiwi 10 months ago, and he has shown absolutely no interest in it.

of course, you know that we now need a pic or two of pip in his hut!!! :whistle::)