PDA

View Full Version : Funny Cookie Story

LauraO
08-03-2005, 12:56 AM
So about 2 1/2 weeks ago Cookie (Meyer's Parrot) meowed when I was covering his cage for the night :omg: . I thought this was the cutest most exciting thing ever since I've never had a larger parrot. Anyway over the next couple of weeks I go around making meow sounds and get very excited when Cookie makes them and coo and tell him how great he is, which makes him meow even more. So now he's getting more vocal and one of his favorite things to do now is to sit upstairs on the ceiling fan or his cage and make meow sounds. Well the funny thing is he's imitating my meow sounds which sound more like a sick cat than anything :x . Anyway, this past weekend apparently my brother heard a cat meowing when we weren't home and it sounded sick or in need so he looked all over our yard for the cat. He's not an animal lover so was upset when he found out that it wasn't a cat he was hearing but Cookie doing his kitty imitation :p . Well then yesterday I come home from work and my husband said he went upstairs to our master bedroom where Cookie lives and saw a man with his son in our bushes. When he asked what they were doing they told him they were looking for a cat that sounded like it was trapped in the bushes. My husband just laughed and told him it was our parrot. Apparently this man was just as unamused at Cookie's antics as my brother.

I told my husband we should teach Cookie how to bark like a dog and then we can tell him "do your kitty" and he would meow and then "do your doggy" and he would bark :D .

bellarains
08-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Laura,

That is too funny. Too bad no one else found it as amusing as we obviously do. You would think that would really impress someone. I mean a bird that can meow like a cat????? I ain't never seen a cat whistle like a bird :lol

Rubygem
08-03-2005, 08:07 AM
My Macaw Barks and growls...maybe you need a birdie like mine, and have your bird meow like the sick kitty, and my birdie barking and growling..... :whistle: We would have your whole neighborhood trying to protect the poor little kitty... I'm in stiches... :rofl: :p

Rubygem

BarbieH
08-03-2005, 08:47 AM
:):):) What a hoot! Or should I say, what a meow! :lol

shylevon
08-03-2005, 09:13 AM
That is cute.

Perhaps you should put a sign in your yard that says the sick cat is not a cat at all, and that would keep strangers out of your yard. I would hate to have some idiot break a window to see if they could help the kitty inside and have your parrot escape. :x

I think a bark would be great to scare away those pesky neighbors. Lure them in with the sick kitty and scare the crap outta them with the rabid doberman. :omg:

Janie
08-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Laura, :rofl: That is a great story!!!!!!

Rubygem
08-03-2005, 02:25 PM
:omg: Shy I had to pick myself off the floor after reading your reply.... :rofl: I now know what Jannie meant when she said you had her fall out of her chair laughing so hard... :p

Rubygem

butterfly1061
08-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Laura,

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

p3rr4n
08-03-2005, 09:57 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :happy: :rofl: :rofl:

sdgilley
08-03-2005, 11:03 PM
:omg: Shy I had to pick myself off the floor after reading your reply.... :rofl: I now know what Jannie meant when she said you had her fall out of her chair laughing so hard... :p

Rubygem

You see, Shy brings out the weeble in Janie! (and the rest of us!)! :rofl:

Cute story, Laura!

Janie
08-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Suzanne, do you think we ought to start a FAVORITE SHY MOMENTS thread???? :D She has cracked me up more times than I could count! :lol