PDA

View Full Version : 2 Birds fighting!

luluxoxo83
12-18-2008, 09:19 AM
I caught Sunny and LuLu fightig today.... they are siblings. They are in the same cage, will they be ok? It's the first time I have seen them fight like that. I had to break it up.

carrier
12-18-2008, 09:39 AM
I would separate them. Even though they are siblings, they can fight aggressively if both are females.In light of the recent tragedy you had, I would take no chances. Separate them and have them DNA sexed. Once you know what sex they are you can plan accordingly. They might not get along as cagemates, but can play together supervised outside-of cage.

bookworm0550
12-18-2008, 05:30 PM
my two argue and have beak to beak fights from time to time, usually over toys, food, or who wants to sit where. it's pretty normal. As long as they aren't attacking each other or being very aggressive. Mine make up as soon as they argue, like as if they'd forgotten what they were arguing about. Too bad me and my boyfriend are nothing like that (cuz I will never forget....Muahahahaha)

luluxoxo83
12-18-2008, 06:22 PM
it is the first time it has happened....and it has not happened again. I will keep an eye on them. I think they were just fighting over the spot they were in...it was beak fighting.....

bookworm0550
12-18-2008, 07:03 PM
i'm sure they're fine. it's normal for them to bicker from time to time. i'd separate them if they got really aggressive w/ one another

lemonypickett
12-19-2008, 08:13 AM
I would say watch them closely. Is DNA testing an option? That would clear up some things for you.