PDA

View Full Version : i need helpp

Blossomfrost
12-22-2008, 11:00 AM
so i know i havent been on here in a while but i really need help, so here i am!

i have one lovebird who i have had for almost a year now. she is 1 year old and she is very sweet. she is hand-tamed and comes when we call her. but today for some reason, she has begun to run away. She doesn't run away from people in general, though. she is fine until someone asks her to step up or goes to pet her or anything else with their hands. So Im pretty sure that she is afraid of hands. But i have no idea why she would be. No one has ever hurt her or anything or done anything to her that she doesn't like. help?!

bookworm0550
12-22-2008, 07:28 PM
maybe she just didn't want to go where you wanted to go. i don't know, sorry, not much help here

Gill
12-23-2008, 12:14 PM
My two shoot out the cage before you even get the cage door open but the other day i put my hand in the to help them out but both wouldnt? Theyd hop on my hand and when i got my hand near the door theyd hop back in! Very very unlike them! Maybe it is a moment of madness!

Blossomfrost
12-23-2008, 05:39 PM
yeah i still have no idea why she did this. it wasnt because i as taking her anywhere, it was the sight of my hands that sent her running. but i think i solved this problem. it took me two days, but i offered her some of her favorite foods and talked to her softly and gave her lots of head rubs and she finally calmed down. =)