PDA

View Full Version : Lil Romeo and the swishy dance

romeoandjulietlovies06
01-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Okay so I've been noticing for a couple months now that Romeo has hmmm well grown up. I feel bad for the little thing, he never rests. It doesn't matter who is around or what time of the day, the swishy dance goes on. Does it ever calm down? I'm kinda scared he is gonna ya know hurt himself. Maybe I'm just don't like the fact that my baby is growning up. :very_sad:

LauraO
01-01-2009, 06:00 PM
It's hard to say if Romeo's behavior will calm down over time. Lovebirds are individuals and some swishy more during mating season and others seem never to tire of it. I guess only time will tell:omg:.

lemonypickett
01-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Eddie did it alot in the beginning, but now only for about 30 seconds onto a new happy hut when I clean it.

I think the seasons can affect their desire to "swish".

Pips mom
01-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Pip is a big time humper! I have noticed that it has gotten worse with time and he humps more and more! It doesn't seem to change at all with seasons.....as soon as I let him out of cage, he's humping! He used to have one toy which was his chosen one and only hump toy! Now he has found that Ivy's swing in her cage has the same ropey type toy on top of it and has taken to humping that too. Even his feathers between his legs were looking worn and missing from all the humping! Luckily now his feathers seem to be growing in so it isn't noticeable anymore. At least while he's in cage he's not humping! so he gets a break from it when we go to work and he has to stay in cage.