PDA

View Full Version : Noooooo!!! Lily is growing up!

Buy A Paper Doll
01-03-2009, 09:04 AM
This morning I noticed something dark on Lily's rump. I couldn't tell what it was because she was in the &*(# window ledge again. (Yes, she's clipped. She can still fly. I have given up.) When she got down, FINALLY, I got a better look. It's a shredded toy part, tucked neatly into her rump feathers.

We have shredding and tucking, people. :x:x:x:x

lemonypickett
01-03-2009, 09:12 AM
She sure has developed quickly!

She must be of a fine bloodline.

Buy A Paper Doll
01-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Going back and looking at old posts, I know she hatched on May 20th. So she's about 7 1/2 months old and right on schedule. She still can't shred paper to save her life but I'm not exactly encouraging her to practice, either. :whistle:

linda040899
01-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Jennifer,
The 2 Creamino preening machines are doing the same thing, right along with Cleo! As quickly as they shred (not too good, either), I clean the tray so they have to start all over again. That cute Happy Hut that was in their cage is long gone but I've gotta line the tray with something........... :omg:

I'm surprised that everyone in that cage is still getting along so well. The 4th bird in that cage is a male, Lily's brother. No mating going on, just a lot of shredding! :lol Talk about strange combinations! Everyone gets along just fine, unless Cleo is being mischievious and grabs one of the Creamino's tail feathers and refuses to let go!

Buy A Paper Doll
01-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Ack. Three teenage hens!

If nothing else, we know this: Your instincts were dead on, Lily is a hen.

linda040899
01-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Your instincts were dead on, Lily is a hen.No doubt about that! I have yet to get a male Creamino from Lily's parents, even though they can genetically do it. What I don't understand is that Lily's mother is a visual Creamino and dad is split, yet no males, although I've got one WF Creamino from the pair that's questionable. That Creamino paired up with an Seagreen American Cinnamon Blue Opaline that's genetically female.

Completely missed it on Slater, though! Her parents also produce males and females and pelvic sexing is only 50% accurate!