PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Pepperberg's new book.

Z28Taxman
01-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Has anyone read it yet? http://www.alexfoundation.org/Alex_and_me.html

Just got it from amazon yesterday and can't wait to read it.

Elle
01-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Not yet but it's on my list of things to do (order it first) but first since I'm taking a course starting next week, I need to see how that goes. Knowing myself, I will put my schooling asside to read her book since it's more interesting then what I'm taking. :whistle:

Buy A Paper Doll
01-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Just got it from amazon yesterday and can't wait to read it.

When I first read this sentence I thought it said, "Just got an amazon yesterday..." :whistle:

butterfly1061
01-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I bought this book for my brother at christmas. I read it before I wrapped it so I wouldn't have to "borrow" it. It's very good. Amazing the struggle she has gone through for research and what Alex learned & taught Dr. Pepperburg. Bit of a warning - don't forget the kleenex :whistle:

cp.lovebird
01-04-2009, 08:16 PM
I saw the book mentioned in the BirdTalk magazine. I can't wait to get it and read it!

Kathryn
01-06-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm sure Ditto likes the fact you bought a new book and not a new bird!
How are you liking the book?

Z28Taxman
01-06-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm sure Ditto likes the fact you bought a new book and not a new bird!
How are you liking the book?

Haven't had time to start it yet.

wilkiecoco
01-11-2009, 02:56 PM
i took it on vacation with me - just got back yesterday from the Caribbean - and it's great. i finished it quickly - while I always liked reading about Alex, there was a lot more to the working and personal relationships than I knew.

Christian
01-20-2009, 08:39 AM
I am almost finished reading it...i have maybe 2 chapters to go. Its a wonderful book so far..very well written, thought provoking, humorous at times. I agree that you should have kleenex on stand-by! Everytime I put down this book I want to get my little man out and kiss him.

Pips mom
01-20-2009, 08:51 AM
i took it on vacation with me - just got back yesterday from the Caribbean - and it's great. i finished it quickly - while I always liked reading about Alex, there was a lot more to the working and personal relationships than I knew.
Where did you go in the carribean?? We went on a trip there too a couple of years ago for two weeks to St. Martin, it was really nice and they had this great zoo there with tons of birds and parrots! I hope you went snorkelling.....it was one of the things I enjoyed the most!
Eventually I want to get the book too, but I've just been busy with other things.....maybe my boyfriend will get it for me for my birthday if I suggest it! :nyah:

wilkiecoco
01-20-2009, 08:57 AM
pip's mom - We went on a cruise, so we visited Ochos Rios, (Jamaica) Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We did go snorkeling, quite a bit, and my husband actually went scuba diving a few times. The water is clear blue, stunning, and the fish and coral was unbelievable. it was our first time in that area, and we can't wait to go back! :)