PDA

View Full Version : A Poem I Wrote About Our Lovebird-What Our Lovebird Taught Us About Love

Karrie
01-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Hi this is Trixie's Mom and Perran's wife Karen. Our lovebird has taught us so much that I had to write a poem about it and thought that I would share it with you.

What Our Lovebird Taught Us About Love

Our little lovebird came from heaven above

To teach us what we needed to know about love

Always have a special bonded one

That is your moon, stars, and sun

Give kisses and snuggles to those in which you care

Making your special feelings readily aware

Lay your head down to sleep each night

With the feeling of love while snuggled in tight

Always let your feelings be known

To those you love in your home

Love with a heart that is beautiful, faithful, and pure

So that our life story will leave you wanting to hear more

For we have learned many lessons from our little bird

I wanted to write this for all to be heard

linda040899
01-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi Karen and thank you for sharing the lovely poem with us! Love is an amazing thing and many of us never experience it to its fullest potential. We are so busy in our daily lives that it sort of just passes through our lives without touching our hearts.

Like you and Perran, my birds have taught me a lot about myself, love and understanding. They give us so much and only ask that we love and care for them in return. A lifetime commitment is a serious thing and I do my best to live up to what I've promised them!

p3rr4n
01-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I loved the poem so much I told her she should post it. She didn't want to because she was embarassed.... so I bugged her about sharing it with everybody while we were out shopping :)

Karrie
01-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks Linda;
We adore our little bird and he has taught us so much! I know that everyone on this board feels the same way as well. He brings us a lot of joy.:)
Karen

wilkiecoco
01-12-2009, 08:58 AM
what a wonderful poem!! Love, patience, compassion and caring are what our feathered, furry and human companions teach us. The love we get back in return is a gift that we treasure. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! :)

Karrie
01-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks Robyn and Kiwi;
Thank you so much for the kind words. Trixie has given Perran and I so much love that I had to write about it. I was sure that everyone could relate. He also keeps us laughing:) with his antics as well!

Bubblelady
01-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I told her she should post it. She didn't want to because she was embarassed....

Embarassed :confused: Whatever for??? You love your baby & wanted to honor that love. And you did just that, beautifully! Don't ever be embarrassed for sharing loving thoughts with us. We are all Lovie lovers here & understand totally what Lovies do to people :happy: I write poems to my babies all the time. And apologize to no one, not even my sister who thinks I am a total idiot about my birdies :rofl:

Karrie
01-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I agree. I know there must be many of us who write and enjoy poems about our Lovies . Since they just grab at your heartstrings !

Karen

Kiwi*
01-13-2009, 08:50 PM
aww I love it!

Jally
01-14-2009, 04:22 AM
I hope you don't mind, I printed that out and put it in my scrapbook that I have for Peanut. It really is a lovely poem and says what most of us feel towards our lovies. Thank you soooo much for posting it! :)

Karrie
01-15-2009, 11:25 PM
What a great idea to have a scrapbook! I am so glad that you added it to Peanut's. We have found that Trixie will "pose" for pictures and he gets upset if we have the camera out and don't take a picture of him.

Karen:)

nuluvbird
01-20-2009, 07:50 AM
What a beautiful poem! Your a great writer and above all, you must really love your lovie!...refreshing to see since everyone in my house has classified me as a "nut" because I sit in the bird room and talk to my babies..lol!

Karrie
01-22-2009, 05:41 AM
Cassie Jo;
I am glad that you really liked the poem. We to to Trixie constantly and call him our feathered kid:)!

Karen

Raindroponthrose
07-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Very nice poem.I thought true love doesn't exist but when you find your soul mate you can be just like lovebirds...It took me a while to find one but now I am sure of what a true love is.And yes..all of us should make time for love...no matter how busy we are.Everything else is just an excuse.

Karrie
03-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Thank everyone for their lovely responses to the poem. I am so glad that you enjoy it. Their is nothing like the true love that is packed into our little lovebirds.

kadee
03-02-2011, 09:23 PM
What a beautiful poem! Your words speak to anyone who has ever been a caregiver to a fid, no matter what species. I totally agree with everyone that "fids" indeed teach us many lessons of life. Thanks for sharing your words of LOVE!!

AiSell
01-27-2012, 05:03 AM
Karrie, your poem touch my heart, amazing....! :)

Jewelsmomma
04-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Very touching!!! I am quickly finding out how much fun and Love these little birds.can bring to ones life. Thank you gor sharing it with us.

Arabianhorselover
05-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Love the poem. Don't know why I never write any. My sons and I love our Lovebird, Sunny, so much, and he loves us!