PDA

View Full Version : A confession

Buy A Paper Doll
01-21-2009, 07:12 PM
I went shopping today, and while in the store, I met someone. I had to call my husband and confess: I have fallen for someone else. I'm pretty sure it's love at first sight. :happy:

He's kind of short, but that's OK. He has the most intelligent eyes. And, uh, scaly little black feet. And a little black beakbeak. And green feathers. And I know it's love because even though we just met, he kissed me - twice! - once on the nose and once on the lip. Yep. I am in love with a GCC.

*swoon*

I asked if I could just carry him around the store with me for a little while - they had no concerns. They did draw the line at letting me just borrow him for a little while. I told them I'd spoil him real good but they said no.

I do not need another parrot.

butterfly1061
01-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Oooo, the love bug has hit and it's not even spring :rofl:

Anneka
01-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Aren't GCC's adorable?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/CottonTails/Dinkainwhitebasketcuddly1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/CottonTails/Dinkainbasketplaysonback.jpg

bbslovie
01-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Aww! What a cutie you have there! Great pictures and I love the sleepy bed set up! Buy a Paper Doll, you've been bitten and being adored by a gcc is one of the best experiences ever! Pallie, our ysgcc family member, is athletic, energetic, quiet but intense and is very dedicated to her flock. :) Of course we love our peachie but these two are as different as night and day! Bea is very outgoing and social and Pallie is much more the one/two person bird. Bea is the vocal one and Pallie has a more quiet form of communication. Pallie is just one of the most interesting beings I've ever met and I'm glad she found us! :rofl:

Barb

Bubblelady
01-22-2009, 12:45 AM
I do not need another parrot.

YES YOU DO!

I am quoting Gussie. She is normally very quiet but she was pretty emphatic about you needing a Green Cheeked Conure. Gussie made me buy her & I had definately decided against a GCC--even though I was looking for another bird. Another Lovebird. But Gussie had other plans. She not only kissed me, she looked at me and said, "Pretty bird", then gacked at me, let me scritch her, then looked at me and said, "baby". I didn't have a chance. And she likes to snuggle and lay on her back, just as shown in the pictures above. When I first came to this forum I was here to help me decide on another lovie or a GCC. I met some folks here who have both. When I asked for opinions on which I should choose, the answer was an emphatic: BOTH! So, that's what I have now.

I second Gussie:
Buy a Paper Doll, you DO need a green cheeked conure :2cents:

Anneka
01-22-2009, 02:21 AM
[B].... When I first came to this forum I was here to help me decide on another lovie or a GCC. I met some folks here who have both. When I asked for opinions on which I should choose, the answer was an emphatic: BOTH! So, that's what I have now.

LOL! That it just too funny.

linda040899
01-22-2009, 03:30 AM
Jennifer,
I need you to do me a HUGE favor!!!!! I need strength to resist getting a GCC!!!! Please don't mention where you found this one. I read about those who have GCCs and they are adorable! I want one, too, but can't do it for obvious reasons!!!!

Kali
01-22-2009, 05:27 AM
This is a terrible forum!!!!!!!!

I don't know why I keep coming back -- and back-- and back.

It's worse than putting a child in a lolly shop.

wilkiecoco
01-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Jennifer - shame on you for bringing up such a sensitive issue. ;):whistle: Can't you see how you are upsetting Linda??? :whistle::whistle::):)

Now.........go on out and get that wonderful GCC. You know you wannnnt to!!! :whistle::happy::whistle::happy:

StormyMom
01-22-2009, 11:24 AM
I think GCCs are adorable. I had a choice between that or a Quaker but i chose my quaker :)

Bird forums are the worst to ask "if i should get it" advice. Ive learned my lesson.. lol

Eliza
01-22-2009, 07:34 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again: GCCs were put here on this Earth to enslave the human race!

So I am of no help: if you have the room in your home and your heart, get the GCC :D

Buy A Paper Doll
01-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Realistically, I know I can't do it. I don't take decisions on new pets lightly. If I need a reminder, I just check my credit card statement, the one with Melody's vet bills that I'm still paying, God bless her.

But it was nice to be loved by that little green guy, if only for a short little while.

Anneka
01-22-2009, 10:21 PM
An innocent visit to a pet store by Jennifer and it turned into such a funny thread. :)

Z28Taxman
01-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Well if it's any consolation, Ditto needs more avi-cakes and millet, which means a visit to petsmart. If that Sun Conure is still there I'll be in the same boat as you are. :whistle:

thebubbleking
01-23-2009, 05:54 PM
I can post some videos of my sun conures screeching to help you resist the temptation if you like dave lol

Z28Taxman
01-23-2009, 05:58 PM
I can post some videos of my sun conures screeching to help you resist the temptation if you like dave lol

WOn't help. I was probably seconds from being thrown out of petsmart for encoraging the little one to screech. Of coruse that got the budgies wound up and I was loving it. :rofl:

LauraO
01-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Jennifer,
I need you to do me a HUGE favor!!!!! I need strength to resist getting a GCC!!!! Please don't mention where you found this one. I read about those who have GCCs and they are adorable! I want one, too, but can't do it for obvious reasons!!!!

I think you need to ask Georgia how she would feel with a little GCC flying around the house. She may try and eat the poor little thing:whistle:.